Walk in the Sand with Ebenguard

I work and volunteer for a campus and community radio station which operates as a non-profit, and that has us working with lots of the other non-profits in our community to be able to partner on events and help give the community programming it wants and needs

Omg! My friends and I do Extra Life every year as well!

13 Likes

Hey!
Reading everything that you have done is super interesting and it’s really inspirational how much work you’re doing for different movements! I am trying to get involved with more as I have always had the urge to help people but have never known where to start really.
I have just finished up volunteering for a mental health charity (I’m moving back home after uni) and I’m looking at volunteering for a charity for sex offenders. I am also doing my best to help raise awareness for LGBTQIA rights and trying to donate a bit and share resources with my friends about the current laws on abortion in Northern Ireland. I have barely done anything on these really but I’m really hoping to do more. Do you have any suggestions or tips on how to get more involved?

9 Likes

I just realised I could post in here so I thought I’d tell you a bit about myself! My name is Beth and I am a Hufflepuff through and through! I love cats and have a rescue cat called Bobby who I absolutely adore.

In my spare time I play D&D and listen to a lot of True Crime podcasts. I also really love drag and I love watching RuPaul’s drag race. I’m really interested in the art form outside drag race also and it is something I love reading about! I am constantly daydreaming all the time and tbh I don’t do many interesting things but I do ramble on a lot! I would really love to make some new friends here as I am quite anxious and I think this will be a nice community to go to when I need some space from everyday life! Reading about you all has been so lovely and I can’t wait to get to know you all!

8 Likes

@Emerald_daydreamxo Thank you for sharing, Beth (If you don’t mind me calling by your real name on here instead of nickname)! My boyfriend is also a HUGE fan of Rupaul’s Drag Race. He often pressures me to watch it, but there are just so many seasons to catch up, and I have other things to do :joy:. Whenever he watches the show on his phone, I can only hear the contestants arguing with each other, but that’s pretty much it!

I also see that you want to help raise awareness for LGBT+ rights, so perhaps you can reach out to the LGBT+ Resource Center (which I think EVERY university should have) and talk to someone there about getting involved in the public services. Your university, in general, is a great place to start with since it is more convenient for you to travel around and spend time there. Once you acquire more information about other organizations that do charity or volunteer works, you can seek out to them too. Hope this helps! :laurensmile:

8 Likes

I don’t mind at all don’t worry I usually just use the nickname as a tag name because I think it’s cute! Yes I love it your boyfriend has good taste! I just recently got my boyfriend into it and he loves it he’s even been dabbling doing some drag himself! I would say season 5 is the best season to watch that’s all you need! :joy:
I’m about to finish Uni but thank you so much I will definitely look into it! There’s a few organisations near me I think that even if I can’t volunteer I’d still like to support! At the moment I’m just trying to educate myself to the best of my ability and try and help educate other people on the matter. Especially issues that trans and non binary individuals face every day! I will deffo take your advice though and look into it more! I feel as if I should be doing more to support the community as people part of it helped me when I was discovering my sexuality. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me!

9 Likes

@Emerald_daydreamxo I heard something about a catto? :eyes:

Have you posted in this thread yet?

6 Likes

In my case, it just sort of happened to me. It started in school, being with like-minded people and organizing together. Then I when to university where I was in Women studies for a while.

Like @Song_Cye said, you can choose what’s the subject you want to address most and then look for resources around you (school is indeed a fertile ground for advocacy) and reach out to them to see what you can do to help. And sometimes, just sharing your personal experiences can help a lot of people!

What’s funny is that it isn’t through my volunteering that I ended up working for a non-profit. I was studying in nutrition, and the usual job is in an hospital or things like that. But the pull to help was too strong and I ended up giving cooking classes for people in need! :smile:

8 Likes

No problem, @Emerald_daydreamxo! Maybe you can even earn a graduation cord for being part of the organization in your university! I got the LGBT+ cord for being part of the LGBT+ family at my university’s resource center!

This is my boyfriend and I (wearing the gratitude stole and the LGBT+ cord) at the Lavender Graduation. :joy:

9 Likes

Your story is so amazing! Women’s studies sounds like such an interesting subject. Thank you for all of your advice!

6 Likes

That’s amazing I didn’t know you could be awarded in things like that! I think it would be a bit late for me to earn something like that because I finish on Monday for good. I’m not sure my uni does things like that either I’ll have to look into it!
Also you and your boyfriend look adorable together that’s such a nice picture :green_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you, @Emerald_daydreamxo! I think your uni should allow alumni to revisit the campus for this type of thing. :laurensmile:

6 Likes

I’m unsure how it is in different countries, but all of the university clubs and organizations have stipulations that they have to be open to the community. So if you’re staying in the same area after you graduate, it wouldn’t hurt to look into that

5 Likes

Unfortunately I’m moving to the other end of England after Uni so it will be a bit far to go back!

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of university clubs doing that before! :thinking: It’s interesting.

6 Likes

It’s a policy in place for the entirety of our Student’s Union which is what all the clubs ratify under

Might just be my school, might just be Canada, who knows?

5 Likes

I’m not sure how it works with my uni but they’re really bad at advertising things like that anyway. I’ve only just realised they have a LGBT+ group on Facebook specially for the uni. Our uni is just pretty badly organised tbh!

5 Likes

Most unis are. I blame lack of funding.

5 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m Wizard Astraz, or WAZ. I love hearing about all of your lives! So interesting. I never went to a formal college, part of me feels like I missed out on something but I gained experience in other ways I suppose.

Currently I’m on a bit of a soul searching journey and I’ve been super grateful to find the mounties as I’ve been a bit reclusive in the real world lately. I’m a Leo and I look like one but have a tendency to not be the center of direct attention.

I’m working on rebuilding and redesigning my “Spirit Based Guidance” practice, i.e. energy work, healing, magiq, trans dimensional traveling…etc. I feel like my place as an Ebenguard comes from finding harmony and balance on a Cosmic Scale, focusing on the evolution of humanity for the coming age. I seem to have an answer for most questions, though the responses vary between the cosmic mind and my own.

Just went through a pretty intense life change and figuring out what to do next, striving eternally for discovering “purpose”. I have a strong sense of morality based on my personal Truths which can make it difficult to get along in this world sometimes (governing systems aren’t too keen on free thinkers). So I’ve been laying low, planting thought seeds when I can and slowly but surely cultivating the awakening of Purpose, Truth, Magiq, Mysticism, Evolution and Love.

Speaking of! I just wrote this piece for a project I’m working on - it opens up the Door of Purpose - associated with Ebenguards House of Purpose (I’ll find the link to that thread, in a bit). The idea is that if the participant is called to work with this house, there is a door, black like a solid void, bound by eight golden chains of light that meet at a golden disc at the center. Each door opens when the associated incantation is said. (This is all done in my astral workshop)

O Tidal House of Dark and Light
Grains of Sand in Star Strewn Sky
Let Thy Wing’ed Truth Take Flight
Unlock These Golden Chains Thereby

Let me know what you guys think! :kissing_heart:

EDIT: Found the link to the thread. Here we are

10 Likes

Everything else on the list seemed pretty self explanatory and then I nearly spit out my drink. I need to know more, how does this work?

5 Likes

I just realized four days in that I haven’t said hello to my Ebenguardian brothers and sisters. Hi! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes