Unanswered Magiqverse Questions: Spoilers Abound

I had a couple of questions / thoughts after blasting through TMP1&2 in the last couple of days. Wonder if any other newbies will share where I’m at?

A) Is the secret society storyline something I have to read on the forums? No worries if it is, just good to know.

B) Did anyone else read the two books like:
Ooh, this is fun with Guilds and stuff.
Or maybe it has some more depth
Oh.
Oh no.
Oh god.
Oh, people are dying.
Some fates are worse than death.
Oh sweet Jesus this is far more intense than I was emotionally prepared for.

Guess I’m a soldier in a secret war for the fate of the universe now. No biggie. I’m totally cool with that. Not stressed at all… :yum:

16 Likes

Hey! The secret society stuff is all just on the forum for now, although that may change in the future. :cjtea:

You can check out the old threads by reading back in the Secret Society category, and @Revenir also has done a fantastic job of keeping the Wiki up to date with Secret Society happenings.

As for your other question, I think it’d be fair to say that plenty of Mounties shared your reaction!! :joy:

17 Likes

Haha, I started reading the book thinking it was a short excerpt attempting to explain the magiqverse. Hours later I was riveted, my mind spinning and the fabric of reality unravelling before me. I definitely share the sentiment. :wave:

6 Likes

@Ginger I hope there’s an answer to this I haven’t encountered yet. I’ve been scrolling through things connected to Aug, dreams and memories lost. There’s a sorrow in his sacrifice but it feels like there’s still something there. When half lost his dreams were still keys of understanding. Also once someone is erased or loses their understanding of magiq are they safe from repercussions or threats from the Silver?

6 Likes

@CJB

In the Cosmos fragment we had to match up a set of four constellations to four cities. However we never got an explanation why those four constellations matched those four cities. I think in the end one of the Mounties brute forced the puzzle to get us through

5 Likes

Not brute-forced, just a dash of magimystic luck:

9 Likes

We still never really got an answer as to why that was the combination and why they matched up with those cities as we never found the landmarks to connect them

7 Likes

Correct. :cjheart:

9 Likes

Don’t suppose you’re gonna give us an answer? :deirdrexd:

6 Likes

Nope. :cjsmile: You all didn’t discover a pretty substantial subplot and we needed to keep moving, so maybe I’ll use it somewhere else down the line. :purple_heart::sparkles:

12 Likes

Damn it :laughing:

4 Likes

So can I ask - were there some hidden hints or something else we could have used to get more info on the landmarks? Also would the subplot have given us more info on Fletcher Dawson? :eyes:

9 Likes

I still have so. many. Fletcher. Dawson. questions.

9 Likes

Yes. You can ask. :cjtea:

6 Likes

Don’t be evil. :joy:

No hints at all?

6 Likes

Haaaaaaaa I just feel that if I gave you hints about something like this, and you all figured it out based on the hints, then:

A) You’d know things you only discovered in meta, but never discovered in-world.
B) If I used it in the narrative later on it would be a let down because you’d already know it.
C) If/when we adapt things like Secret Society and The Search for Magiq into more easily digestible novellas, I would have to somehow weave in how you came upon that knowledge.

That’s why I think it’s great that you all have so many questions about Fletcher, etc. because those were things buried in TMP that you just didn’t dig up. And that’s okay, because we can repurpose them later.

12 Likes

That’s valid, haha. I am curious, would we still be able to find hidden things if we did some digging, or is it like…time sensitive stuff?

8 Likes

If you went digging in the old Archives maybe.

A curious thing about immersive-fiction… If you don’t complete/discover something I set up then I’m inclined to not include it in the published narrative because it just seems like a dangling thread or a plot hole. Comparing what’s in the archives to what I didn’t include in the finished book could be the start of a trailhead for you. Also… there are all the Easter eggs you all never discovered. :cjtea:

12 Likes

Ye I understand that because in the future you can always do short spin off narratives based on them

2 Likes

Oh god, this is the worst temptation CJ :joy: That archive is massive.

8 Likes