Unanswered Magiqverse Questions: Spoilers Abound

I’m listening to the audiobook files as they come in from the narrator and in a way I’m experiencing my story for the first time. It got me thinking about you all experiencing it for the first time, so…

For new readers and veterans alike, what are your most nagging unanswered Magiqverse questions?

If it was answered somewhere canon, even subtly, maybe I or another reader can guide you toward the answer!

And if it wasn’t, well… you know I have trouble keeping secrets. :cjtea:

11 Likes

WHO IS FLETCHER DAWSON?!!! :laughing:

8 Likes

He’s the author of Forest of Darkening Glass!

9 Likes

Okay so why did he have a super protected website that was integerale to the fragment and further fragments? He can’t just be a simple author as we know you yourself are not just a simple author

8 Likes

The volume of The Monarch Papers that Orvin Wallace was meant to burn is one key to that answer.

6 Likes

THIS

Who are they? Where did they come from and why are they unofficial? Is this like…who the Silver was before they became evil, or something else entirely? I need to know. :scream:

11 Likes

Also, I’ve been looking at the assessments again and it’s been making me think about the BoB and the other Books. Like… the Book of Briars was an actual book… does that mean the Book of Kings and Book of the Wild are the same? And the Book of the Wild is used by the Monarchs to describe the ‘before time’ but was it the first Book or were there more that we don’t know about?

Oh, and there’s SO MANY things in the loose thread theatre that are pertinent. I don’t think we ever found out about Cumberland Books, did we?

11 Likes

Books are magimystic parlance for eras or ages.

You don’t currently know how long those ages are.

The “time before” being called The Book of The Wild and now being The Book of Kings is a simplified way of explaining how things changed.

The four fragments in Time are the key to this answer.

13 Likes

Oh shoot, I totally forgot the fragment names were eras!

8 Likes

I think most of the Lost Thread Theater stuff was answered by the end of TMP. Yeah?

6 Likes

The beginning ones definitely were, but I think most of these are still mysteries?

10 Likes

Oh. Right.

9 Likes

Also, an add-on question - what was going on with Eaves and Bash during the later phases? I may have fever dreamed them teaming up. And Ascender following the path of butterflies…that was his way of saying he followed the Path of Wool so he could eventually overthrow them? Or something else?

Sorry, I’m throwing so many unanswered questions out here. :deirdrexd:

8 Likes

Is Augernon forever a storm wiped version of himself?
There’s nothing we can do to bring back more of himself?

My heart just always hurts for him

10 Likes

Constance too, omg. She really got the short end of the stick. Though at least she got out mostly intact, unlike Augie. :laurencry:

9 Likes
  1. Possibly someone will/did. That was a desperate measure.

2. Answer given in a previous post above.

3. They had to tell Deirdre they were The Collector and to do that they had to wear a disguise because of what’s expected of Collectors.

4. More than dozens.

5. That’s just speculation about possible future stories. :slight_smile:

6. I think Fallon’s notes hinted at that.

7. Eaves and Bash were out of the picture for a while and that story hasn’t been revealed yet.

8. Ascender was working toward his narrative during The Day of Change.

9. There’s nothing you can do.

10 Likes

Ouch, how can one sentence hurt my heart so much? :laurencry:

12 Likes

I just died like several times over.

The first few were just waiting while seeing CJ was typing, and then BAM. Heart crushed. Going to go cry now :+1:t2:

12 Likes

Augernon is one of my all-time favorite characters I’ve written. It hurts me too.

14 Likes

I had a couple of questions / thoughts after blasting through TMP1&2 in the last couple of days. Wonder if any other newbies will share where I’m at?

A) Is the secret society storyline something I have to read on the forums? No worries if it is, just good to know.

B) Did anyone else read the two books like:
Ooh, this is fun with Guilds and stuff.
Or maybe it has some more depth
Oh.
Oh no.
Oh god.
Oh, people are dying.
Some fates are worse than death.
Oh sweet Jesus this is far more intense than I was emotionally prepared for.

Guess I’m a soldier in a secret war for the fate of the universe now. No biggie. I’m totally cool with that. Not stressed at all… :yum:

16 Likes