Tutelary Spirits

Reading through the Guild Familiar thread got me thinking: What mythological figure could we identify as a guiding force, patron, or even “mascot” for Gossmere? A tutelary spirit of sorts for our guild?

I think Greco-Roman Apollo would be a natural fit, as the god of music, healing/medicine, as well as light and prophecy. I’m (obviously) biased towards this pantheon, but Apollo has always sat in the back of my mind and inspired me. Does anyone envision any other figures for this role?

7 Likes

I thought Hestia would fit Gossmere better, speaking that she is the goddess of the hearth and home. Or Juno the goddess of marriage and family would work to.

4 Likes

While like Alec I saw Hestia as our patroness its possible Apollo is patron? Apollo does fit our guild in many ways!

4 Likes

We certainly don’t need to restrict ourselves to just one! Any thoughts from other pantheons?

3 Likes

Asclepius is more focused on healing than his father, Apollo, and may be a better fit.

3 Likes

What about Eoster? The celtic spring goddess?

3 Likes

I don’t know much about her. Wikipedia was only sort of helpful.

4 Likes

Not much is known as far as I know, her sacred animal is a rabbit and she was a healing/fertility goddess

2 Likes

Eoster is a later adaptation of Ishtar/Isstar. I forget what I read about her though

3 Likes