The Welcome Super Topic

Hey there!!

I’m Rose, and I’m excited about this whole place. I’m apparently Balimora, though I’m not sure of it yet-- I’m not much of an outdoorsy person, and don’t often get my hands in the dirt-- but I AM a lover of all things animal, and a sort of a guardian/protector type. I’m not super versed in this place yet, I’m just getting started and haven’t read much yet-- but I’m already excited. I’d like to contribute as much as I can, especially in things like bestiaries or recording things like a sort of magical scribe/explorer/researcher thingy.

Additionally, I have a condition called narcolepsy-- it’s a complex sleep disorder but basically, just assume at any given time I might be napping, lol. So I apologize if I reply late or forget some things, I’m a very sleepy girl.

I can’t wait ta meet you all and get involved in the world! <3

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @RoseRavendust! I’m Void, I’m a Thornmouth, and I’ll be your Wagoneer today!

Don’t worry if you don’t feel 100% connected to your guild. It may start to grow on you over time or you may find later on that you more strongly connect with another guild, and it’s totally fine to change guilds. As the guide says, magiq is always flowing and changing.

The best way to get caught up on a lot of the story and learn how magiq works is by reading The Monarch Papers, the first book of which is free on the amazon kindle app. As far as getting started here on the forum make sure you read the first post of this thread as well as the forum primer linked there, which will give you all the rules of the forum. We have a fantastic pets thread for sharing any pets you might have and fawning over everyone else’s. After you’ve explored the forum for a few hours you should be able to interact with the guild page where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates or explore the Balimora Guild House.

Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios if you need anything or feel free to message any of us @Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A if you have any further questions.

We’re all very excited to have you here!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @RoseRavendust!

I’m the Gossmere welcomer and I actually have a friend with narcolepsy (and being a paramedic means I’ve met quite a few more but those were typically not the best circumstances.) Once again welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome @RoseRavendust!!

5 Likes

Greetings,
My name is Graevan and I’m here after because a friend left me a set of breadcrumb clues. It led me to the Guide to Magic, or maybe it was the Guide that pulled me to it.
Either way I am glad to be here now, and to proudly say that I am Thornmouth.
So far I’ve read Flora and Fauna, and I’m awaiting the arrival of Cosmos and Time.

In my Normal life I am one who works with machines for a living, but lives in stories for fun. I’m a DnD dungeon master, have trying to write a tale for an age and a half.
I look forward to being a part of your world.

Thank you for having me.

9 Likes

Fights off other Wagoneers

Welcome @Graevan to the Ackerly Green Community!! My name is James Rimor from Thornmouth!

Please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re super important!!

Next let me introduce you to your wonderful guild leader @Sellalellen! You can PM her if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers. We also have a wonderful Q&A thread where you can ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Thornmouth guild hall to introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates!

Some threads that might interest you are the werk and DnD! Once again welcome to the community!!

6 Likes

Cheers for the warm welcome.
I’ll check out those links immediately. :]

4 Likes

Welcome @Graevan! I’m Void, another Thornmouth Wagoneer. Super happy to have you here!

4 Likes

Hi I am brand new here and am very curious and excited to begin this journey. Thank you for allowing me to be here.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Tassie! I’m Void, a Thornmouth, and I’ll be your Wagoneer today!

Start off by reading the first post of this thread as well as the forum primer linked there. Those will give you the rules of the forum as well as info on getting started. Once you’ve read those you can start getting involved in any of our many discussion topics such as D&D stories, video games, book-to-movie adaptations, and so much more!

Also if you haven’t already make sure you read the MAGIQ Guide to determine your guild. Once you’ve done that you can be directed to your guild leaders. After you’ve been on the forum for a short while you’ll also be able to interact with your guild page where you can meet your guildmates and explore your guild house.

If you have any further questions feel free to message any of us @Wagoneers or visit the Q&A topic.

We’re all very happy to have you here and hope you enjoy our community!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your welcome Void. It has been determined that I am in the house of Flinterforge

7 Likes

Excellent! In that case your guild leaders are the wonderful @Tinker and @Viviane! Once you’ve reached member level you can introduce yourself and explore the Flinterforge Guild House. You can go here to join your guild.

4 Likes

Welcome @Tassie!!

2 Likes

Thank you Rimor I’m glad to be here.

3 Likes

Hello! I am not really sure that I am doing this properly (forums make me go crosseyed). But I am entranced by this magical wonderful gem that I have stumbled on all unprepared, so please bear with me as I learn the ropes. It appears from my testing that I am an Ebenguard. I am excited to learn all that that means. I think today, for the first time, I’ve encountered Real Magic!

9 Likes

Hi! Werefolk, here! My mom and her magic friends sent me the Magiq Assessment and I, being a fan of the strange and arcane, jumped on the opportunity to take it. I’m a brand new member of the Balimora guild! I’m a bit of a slow reader, but I look forward to making my way through this universe! It seems like it’ll be a fun time.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Skwirl and @Werefolk! I’m Void, I’m a Thornmouth, and I’ll be your Wagoneer today! This was my first forum too, it takes a little while but you’ll learn where things are at since it is pretty well organized.

For starters make sure you’ve read the initial post of this topic and the forum primer that’s linked there, as those will give you all of the rules and important info on getting started here. @Skwirl you can go here to join the Ebenguard group so that it shows on your profile. Once you’ve gotten familiar with the rules you can get involved in our many general discussions including but certainly not limited to: video games, pets, hobbies, and even dice collections!

@Skwirl: Your guild leaders are @ashburn and @ginger, feel free to message them if you need anything. Once you’ve been on the forum for a few hours and gained member level you’ll be able to interact with the guild pages where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and explore the Ebenguard Guild House.

@Werefolk: Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios if you need anything. Once you’ve gained member level by exploring the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild pages where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and explore the Balimora Guild House.

You can also message any of us @Wagoneers if you need anything or visit the Q&A Super Topic.

We’re all incredibly happy to have you here, and we hope you enjoy being part of our community!

6 Likes

Welcome @Skwirl and @Werefolk!!!

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Kell.

I have newly finished reading the Monarch Papers and am eager to continue learning, if someone may point me in the right direction?

Looking forward to meeting all of you kind people. I am of the guild Weatherwatch.

9 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community @what.the.kell!

Your guild leaders are @Remus and @Skylad! If you have any questions feel free to ask them or us @Wagoneers!

As for meeting fellow Weathers go here!

As for the recent parts of the story it’d probably be best to ask either your guild leaders or @Rimor!

Once again welcome! If you’d like to see if we have any topics related to certain interests you have feel free to shoot one of us a message!

4 Likes