The Welcome Super Topic

Steals Ignatius’ thunder

I’d recommend that you check out Currently reading, Mounty playlists and Food and drink!!

4 Likes

Hello there! I’m Finn, or Honeysuckle, either or.

I’m a uni student from Australia, studying visual art, and a big fan of writing. I saw this place advertised on Instagram, got sucked in by the amazing art for it, and- well, here I am! I’m an Ebenguard, which suits me just fine- I love playing paladins, so this is right up my alley. I’m about to launch into reading flora and fauna (to avoid my assessments), and I’m really excited to get into here!

11 Likes

@Honeysuckle Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community!

The Ebenguard Guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger! If you have any questions please shoot them or us Wagoneers a message and we’ll help in any way we can. There is also the Q&A topic if you’d prefer going there!

There is a place where you can meet your fellow guild mates over in the Ebenguard Guild hall! I’ve met some really amazing Ebenguard here on the forum so i’m absolutely certain that if you have any problems they’ll help you out! Actually everyone i’ve met is amazing so I’m multitudes of certain.

Seeing as you didn’t explicitly talk about your interests I’m going to take a gander based off you saying you play paladins that you play DND or that you enjoy video games! Now if there are any other questions about finding a topic about something you enjoy please shoot me or really anyone a message and we’ll help you find or maybe even create one!

Once again welcome to the Ackerly Green Community! I apologize for my welcome being super long but its super late and I wanted to make without a shadow of a doubt sure I covered everything!

6 Likes

Welcome @Honeysuckle!!!

3 Likes

That I did not, my apologies! My interests do indeed include dnd and video games. I’m also a fan of Egyptology, drawing, fine teas, and baking! Not to worry about the reply length- being Australian means I tend to be on at odd hours for yall. Nice to meet you, and @Rimor as well!! I’ll be sure to introduce myself there as well!

8 Likes

Just before I finally go to sleep I’ll help point you in the right direction!

Drawing/Writings: #the-creationary

Baking and teas (I’m sure there are “fine” teas there as well I just haven’t heard that term lol) can be found here!

I don’t think we have a set Egytpology topic but we do have the language topic as well as the general discussion topic and i’m sure that someone in the general disscussion topic would be able to chat with you about it.

With that I’m off to bed, goodnight!

4 Likes

Goodnight, thanks for the help!!

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Delicia. I’ve found my way here through a Facebook Ad I think - the Guild icons intrigued me to no end. Regardless, as a huge fantasy nerd I couldn’t resist giving the Magiq Test a go and found myself in Ebenguard… and also in the sublime world of Ackerly Green. An immersive story about magic in the everyday - how was my little DnD playing, story-obsessed, bookworm heart supposed to resist?

I’ve finished the first volume of the Monarch Papers and plan to start the second volume soon-ish. I’m really enjoying getting absorbed into the world and the story is so interesting!

I’ve already read the primer and the rules and I’m looking forward to exploring the forums, meeting like-minded Mountaineers and finding a place in Ebenguard.

10 Likes

Hey Weiryn

I’ve introduced myself below but was looking through the welcome topic because I saw a mention that a number of Ebenguards had joined recently and I was curious about my new fellow guildmembers.

I’m a DnD player too… and also a lawyer (across the ditch, in Aus actually) so I totally get what you mean about Ebenguard feeling like it fits as a result. Balance and mediation and justice - I wonder if there are more of us in here?

Anyway, thought I would reach out and say hi. :wave::smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Delicia!

We’re finding a number of new Ebbies tonight/this morning, so you may have already seen that myself and @Ginger are the Ebenguard guild leaders. Any questions you may find yourself with while poking around the forum, feel free to reach out to either of us or our Wagoneers.

We have our Q&A topic here, our guild hall welcome topic here (which may or may not be locked to posting in for a little while, depending on exactly how long/how much browsing the forum requires to go up from the super-new-person level).

I feel like I’ve seen a number of Aussies join us recently; the original (I think?) is @Skylad, one of the Weatherwatch leaders, and I’m sure he’s thrilled to see so many new folks here nearby (relatively-speaking).

6 Likes

Welcome @skald @Honeysuckle and @Delicia to the Ackerly Green Community!

4 Likes

Welcome @Delicia!!!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Alexander but feel free to call me Alex. I came across Ackerly Green from an instagram post and I have been reading the first book. To tell you a little but about myself, I just graduated from Belmont University with a Fashion Merchandising degree. I have been taking it easy for a while after graduating and have been traveling with friends and family. I am team Slytherin. I have a wonderful fur baby named Granger that I love with all my heart. She is perfect. I am excited to get deeper into the world of Ackerly Green and hope to make some friends in the process!

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @alexanderskye, so glad to have you here!

Reading the books is the best way to get caught up on the story and learn how magiq works. Also be sure to read the first post of this thread and the forum primer. Once you’ve read the rules you can get involved with some of our many discussion topics, such as the out-of-magiqverse familiars thread where you can show of that cuddly creature of yours, or the podcast thread that I see you’ve already found.

Once you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to access the guild page where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and check out the Thornmouth guild house. Our guild leader is @Sellalellen if you need anything, or feel free to message any of us Wagoneers for help. We also have a Q&A for any further questions.

We’re very excited to get to know you and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq.

5 Likes

Welcome @alexanderskye !!

4 Likes

Hello, all.
I’m Kaia, A friend just pulled the website up on my phone and now I’m sucked in. I do a fair amount of tabletop role playing and am a total bookworm; it’s very fitting considering I was assessed as a Thornmouth. This is pretty much my first time posting to any sort of forum so if I make any blunders feel free to correct me! I currently live in San Diego, California. I’m in the navy OOC so I may be missing for a few weeks here and there occasionally.
I look forward to diving into the monarch papers as soon as I finish this post:)

7 Likes

Welcome @Kaia and @alexanderskye to the Ackerly Green Forum!!!

@Kaia Before you dive into the forum please ensure you have fully read the First Post and the Forum Primer as both are super important!

Now assuming you’ve done that I can introduce you to the First Word @Sellalellen! She is our guild’s wonderful leader who can help you with any questions you might have! The Wagoneers are also at your disposal and you can ask questions in the Q&A topic as well!

After that you can introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates and explore the Thornhouse! We also have an evening hangout you can look in on!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community and to Thornmouth @Kaia!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I saw the ad for this new adventure on Instagram and I just had to try it out! I’ve always been interested in magic, so I’m excited to get to know everyone and start Flora & Fauna :smiley:
And I am a Thornmouth :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Hello @Rux! Welcome to the Ackerly Green community!! My name is James Rimor and I’ll be your Wagoneer today!

First things first can you please ensure you read the First Post and the Forum Primer as both are super important!

Now that you’ve done that I can introduce you to the First Word @Sellalellen! She is our guild’s wonderful leader who can help you with any questions you might have! The @Wagoneers are also at your disposal and you can ask questions in the Q&A topic as well!

After that you can introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates and explore the Thornhouse! We also have an evening hangout you can look in on!

Now the formalities are over tell us a bit about yourself and your interests!

5 Likes