The Welcome Super Topic

Hereā€™s to hoping Iā€™m doing this right

Hello Hello, I am Alexander! 22 years of age, located in Sweden.

A friend of mine posted the ā€˜fun testā€™ on her facebook, had me take it, and after being sorted in Ebenguard, I decided to click around a bit, see where it would take me. Fast forward 36 hours, and both me and my partner have been sorted (Theyā€™re Balimora :smiley: ), finished reading the first book (taking turns in reading it to each other. Surprisingly romantic.) and just purchased the second one. Both of us got sucked in after only a few chapters, now hooked and ready to explore everything there is to this wonderful universe!

In my free time I keep myself busy with drawing and painting, mainly, though I enjoy dabbling in sewing and cosplay too. I have a fat, orange, angry blob of fur that passes for a cat, am a coffee enthusiast (trained barista!) and have a strange obsession with raccoons and their tiny little handsā„¢.

Other than that, I am pretty easily confused when it comes to technology and will very often refer to myself as a grandpa, partially for that reason. Also, I tend to ramble. Which is exactly what I am doing now.

A little overwhelmed by everything right now, but I am still excited to dive head-first into this forum!

14 Likes

Welcome @Espressosaur, Iā€™m going to have to bring @CJB in as Im pretty sure that username, although creative, isnā€™t appropriate for this forum. When it gets sorted Iā€™ll welcome you officially and get you sorted :cjsmile:

3 Likes

Oh shoot,Sorry!
I did not think of that while signing up at first, itā€™s a handle I usually go by. Iā€™d be more than happy to change it, obviously!

4 Likes

Unfortunately the username is permanent on creation so CJ will have to change it, donā€™t worry weā€™ll get you sorted! :cjsmile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s probably a wonderful first impression I am making, God :joy:
I was able to change something it seems like, hope that is alright!

4 Likes

Oh cool you can change the name yourself! Well that makes things easier! :laughing:

Okay letā€™s start again!

Welcome @Espressosaur to the Ackerly Green forum!!! As far as Iā€™m aware youā€™re our first Swedish Mounty!

Your guild leaders are the wonderful duo @Ginger and @Deyavi! If you have any questions you can PM them or any of the Wagoneers such as myself! Thereā€™s also a Q&A thread with loads of frequently asked questions on!

Make sure you read the entire first post and the forum primer as theyā€™re so important for joining in the community! As youā€™re probably now aware we have strick rules on language as this does appear on Google so we have to remain PG at all times! :laughing:

When youā€™re ready you can then introduced yourself to your guild mates! Iā€™d recommend you check out the Pets thread, as Iā€™d love to see your puffy tat, and the werk thread! We also have the #the-creationary that contains loads of creative topics!

Itā€™s awesome that youā€™ve got your partner to join in and I hope they join the forum soon! The books are a great place to get caught up on everything thatā€™s happened over the past two years!

7 Likes

Thank you thank you!

Glad to be your first, Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t be the last either. (Though I am a bit of a cheat since I was born and raised in Belgium and moved here only very recently)
Iā€™ll make sure to be a bit more careful with language, usernames and any such things from now on! Would indeed prefer to keep it clean :smiley:

Big chonk will be posted, I have way more photos of her than needed. And as for my partner, they have a bit more patience than me and want to wait until we have finished the second book, avoiding any and all spoilers if possible!

6 Likes

Ahahaha I fully expect to see more crazy things from new Mounties! Itā€™s always a pleasure seeing what you lot come up with! :laughing:

On the forum we take spoilers very seriously so usually the topics are clearly labeled if they contain spoilers for the books. Also if a sentence contains something that might be a spoiler then itā€™s blurred by the user just to be safe!. So weā€™re very careful around here! :laughing:

WHEN youā€™ve finished reading the books you can ask any unanswered questions you have on this thread!

5 Likes

Oh! Thanks for the tip, Iā€™ll be careful, though by the time I really get active, will probably have finished. Thanks a ton!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I saw an ad for this on Instagram, and seeing the cool runes and promise of being sorted into a guild I was intrigued. And then seeing that it was an interactive work/forum/RPG I knew I had to give it a try! I was sorted into Weatherwatcher, which as soon as I started reading I knew was a good fit.

By day I work in the space industry and in my free time I love to read and write fantasy, DM a Dungeons and Dragons game with my friends, as well as hike and travel when I can. I used to be a part of RPG forums growing up so I canā€™t wait to see what this has in store for me!

Aurora

10 Likes

Hello there!

My nameā€™s Melissa, however online I usually go by Capn or Kumo. Iā€™m 26 going on 27, and I happened to stumble upon all this last night. I was scrolling around on Instagram when by chance I saw the badges for each of the guilds. I thought, ā€˜Well, thatā€™s pretty cool looking. I wonder what all this is about.ā€™ Next thing I knew, I was taking the assessment and signing myself up for a whole lot of reading.

To be honest, Iā€™m a very slow reader, but this story has me very intrigued. I intend to take my time with it, and I know itā€™s going to be a while until Iā€™m fully caught up with everything. That being said please bear with me, and I look forward to meeting you all!

:blush:

11 Likes

Hi all

Iā€™m Chelsea (aka Chezzleh). Another new member who found their way through the endless scrolling on Instagram.

I enjoy D&D, reading, psychology and gaming. I am also a practicing witch so when I saw ā€˜magiqverseā€™ my whole body felt drawn in. Could definitely sink many hours/days/weeks into a world like this.

Iā€™ve started reading Flora and Fauna. Canā€™t wait to get fully caught up with everything.

Nearly forgot. I am a Thornmouth.

12 Likes

Welcome @Aurora, @capnkumo and @Chezzleh!!

@Aurora your guild leaders are @Skylad and @Remus!

@capnkumo your guild leaders are @Helios and @Nimueh!!

@Chezzleh your guild leader is @Sellalellen

Please read every in the first post and the forum primer as theyā€™re really important!

Once youā€™ve done that you can introduce yourself to you guild members in the Weatherwatch, Balimora and Thornmouth welcome threads!

When youā€™re ready to start joining in Iā€™d recommend you check out werk (As working in the space industry sounds so cool!), D&D, currently reading and gaming as I reckon youā€™ll be really interesting in them!

If you have any questions you can ask your guild leaders or any of the Wagoneers! (Though I think Iā€™m the only one currently in action :laughing:) Thereā€™s also a Q&A thread where you can ask questions and find answers to questions already asked!

Okay now the formalities are out of the way, what parts of the world do you all hail from?

6 Likes

Hi everyone,
Iā€™m Astraea, and much like everyone else here I came across the magiq guide while scrolling through Instagram about a month agoā€¦And Iā€™ve been hooked since. Iā€™m currently finishing up TMP2, and thought it was about time I joined my fellow counterparts.

Oh, and before I forget, Iā€™m a Thornmouth.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @Astraea!!!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen!! If you have any questions you can ask her or any of the Wagoneers such as myself! Thereā€™s also a Q&A thread where you can drop your queries!

First off though make sure you read through the entire fist post and the forum primer as theyā€™re super important!

When youā€™re ready you can introduce yourself to your guild mates!

So now the formalities are over tell us a bit about your interests!

3 Likes

Nice to meet you! :smile:

Iā€™m from the north of New Jersey. About an hour or so drive from NYC~

6 Likes

Oh nice! Youā€™re super close, in American terms, to the god pharaoh CJ! :laughing:

4 Likes

So it would seem :see_no_evil: What about you? I saw in an earlier post that we got our first person from Sweden, so itā€™s exciting to meet others from around the world.

3 Likes

Iā€™m for the North east of England! We have Mounties from all of the world including Japan and Australia! Though the majority are from US and Canada

5 Likes

A little about myself:
Well Iā€™m from NYC and as my guild would suggest, Iā€™m a pretty big fan of books, story telling, fantasy worlds, and the like. The weirder, the better :wink:. Some of my guilty pleasures include astrology, trash reality tv, vampire novels, and Pepsi.

5 Likes