The Welcome Super Topic

Hello,

I stumbled across this a few days ago and just started reading The Monarch Papers! I’m an archaeologist, but currently work with infectious diseases, so that’s fun. I’m from the Pacific Northwest, and am currently just slogging away at work!

10 Likes

Welcome @MBWitch @Shadow and @KaitlynGee to the forum, and welcome @Alissiya and @Loki to Thornmouth!

4 Likes

Glad to have you here, I’d love to work in pathology it sounds so cool. If you haven’t already, you can take the guild assessment here to find out what magiq guild you fit with.once you’re in a guild you can visit the guild topic to get to know your new guildmates. We also have plenty of other discussion topics that don’t require having read TMP.

5 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m enjoying learning everything I can so far about the Magiqverse. I just finished the first book and could not put it down! I’ll be starting the next one soon. According to the assessment, I am a Thornmouth. It sounds fitting.

About me: I enjoy spending time with my wife and kids foremost. I work in healthcare, specifically orthopedics. I like music, reading, video games, cooking (and eating), and researching random facts and topics I come across.

I am looking forward to diving in and interacting with everyone.

8 Likes

Hey everybody!

I just finished up reading Cosmos & Time and I’m so excited to get caught up with everything. I took the assessment after finishing Flora & Fauna, and again after Cosmos & Time and I got Flinterforge both times, so I guess there’s no question about where I’m meant to be!

A little bit about me is that I study genetics and some cancer research right now, but I also love to dance, read, and learn as many random facts and stories as I can.

P.S. this the first forum I’ve ever joined and I’m so excited to get to know everyone!

10 Likes

Man I look away for 5 minutes and loads more recruits turn up!

Welcome @KaitlynGee, @Anicetus and @Hestia!!!

@Anicetus your guild leader is @Sellalellen! You can introduce yourself to your guild mates over in the Thornmouth welcome thread when you’re ready!

@Hestia your guild leaders are @Tinker and @Viviane! You can introduce to your guild mates over in Flinterforge’s welcome thread!

Make sure you read the entire first post and the forum primer as both are super important!

When you’re ready you can tell us more about your work over in the Werk thread! There is also a mouth watering food and drink thread and the #bookish category where you can find loads of book related threads! Finally we have a gaming thread on all things gaming!

Also the books are a great place to get started on catching up on everything that’s happened in the past!

If you have any questions you can ask your guild leaders or any of the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread you can check out!

(Sorry guys for the constant edits I swear I’m a professional! :laughing:)

@KaitlynGee omg an archaeologist and working with infectious diseases?! That sounds so cool!!! Please tell us more over in the werk thread linked about as I’d love to know more!!!

8 Likes

Good day fellows,
My name is Murphy, and I can’t tell you how glad I am to find something as unique and interesting as this. Hailing from bonnie Scotland, I am currently studying for my degree in Mechanical Engineering.
As of right now, I’m am going to read up on everything and anything related to this, luckily I’m in between terms, so this will be a pleasant distraction from the grind of studies.
Looking forward to getting involved and getting to know everyone.
Oh, almost forgot. Thornmouth, all the way!

:wink:

16 Likes

Welcome @Murphy!!!

I think you’re our first Scottish Mounty!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen so if you have any questions you can PM her or any of the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread you can check out!

Make sure you read through the entire first post and the forum primer as both are really important!

Once you’ve done that you can introduce yourself to your guild mates!

I’d recommend you start with the books as they’re the best way to catch up! Finally tell us a bit about your interests!

6 Likes

Oh, we definitely have a few other Scots, and we’re happy to have you!

12 Likes

Hello from Texas,

I found the assessment thru Facebook and was drawn to the symbols. I like the idea of a crowdsourced story as well. I started reading flora & fauna today. I write fiction featuring LGBT characters as well as essays on my medium page. I have been keeping up with fantasy and YA but never written a story in either genre. World building can be difficult but maybe working together makes it easier and fun. I am 32, Episcopalian, and engaged to a chef. I am a teacher so I am about to be on summer break and hope this becomes a meaningful community.

Since I was asked pronouns when registering I assume this is a queer friendly space and visibility doesn’t fall under the political umbrella. I hope that is the case.

I am versed in the Harry Potter Universe, The Magicians, and Lord of the Rings, as well as Tarot. I am super curious to discover how the magic system works here.

I believe I am a Thornmouth if that is helpful, it seems to be.

Hope I did this correctly and everyone’s holiday weekend is meaningful!

14 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @Presley!!

You’re guild leader is @Sellalellen! If you have any questions you can PM her or any of the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread with loads of frequently asked questions!

Make sure you read everything in the first post and the Forum Primer as they’re super important!

We are a super friendly and inclusive community here! I myself am part of the LGBT community and many others here! You won’t find any politics here as we try to keep this place safe and open for everyone!

When you’re read you can introduce yourself to your guild mates and check out some threads such as the werk thread (Where you can talk about your job) and the D&D thread!

6 Likes

Hi @Presley! I’m the owner of Ackerly Green and author of the Magiqverse, and am queer myself, so you’re definitely welcome!

11 Likes

Thank you, will do. I’ll just assume the world is outside of government reach with anarchist tendencies.

8 Likes

I hoped the rainbow portrait was indicative!

7 Likes

I unfortunately cannot discuss or give my opinion on those points on this forum :zipper_mouth_face:

I am however happy to discuss any other non political or non controversial topics in general discussions :cjsmile:

8 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Absolutely. I think I can safely say we’re all of the mind that simply existing and being queer is not a hot button topic or up for debate. Many of us are LGBT, many of the characters in TMP are openly LGBT, and homophobia and transphobia is banned here. If you have any questions or concerns, I’m happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

14 Likes

Thank you for the response. I’m feeling much better! :smiley:

9 Likes

Here’s to hoping I’m doing this right

Hello Hello, I am Alexander! 22 years of age, located in Sweden.

A friend of mine posted the ‘fun test’ on her facebook, had me take it, and after being sorted in Ebenguard, I decided to click around a bit, see where it would take me. Fast forward 36 hours, and both me and my partner have been sorted (They’re Balimora :smiley: ), finished reading the first book (taking turns in reading it to each other. Surprisingly romantic.) and just purchased the second one. Both of us got sucked in after only a few chapters, now hooked and ready to explore everything there is to this wonderful universe!

In my free time I keep myself busy with drawing and painting, mainly, though I enjoy dabbling in sewing and cosplay too. I have a fat, orange, angry blob of fur that passes for a cat, am a coffee enthusiast (trained barista!) and have a strange obsession with raccoons and their tiny little hands™.

Other than that, I am pretty easily confused when it comes to technology and will very often refer to myself as a grandpa, partially for that reason. Also, I tend to ramble. Which is exactly what I am doing now.

A little overwhelmed by everything right now, but I am still excited to dive head-first into this forum!

14 Likes

Welcome @Espressosaur, I’m going to have to bring @CJB in as Im pretty sure that username, although creative, isn’t appropriate for this forum. When it gets sorted I’ll welcome you officially and get you sorted :cjsmile:

3 Likes