The Welcome Super Topic

Hi, everyone. My wife just linked me to the introductory content, and while outside of taking the test (I’m a Thornmouth by the by,) and reading the few paragraphs of history attached to that, I’m not really caught up on anything, I figured I’d stop by and say hello while I took the time to catch up.

On the outside I’m a nuclear chem tech, though thanks to the adverse schedule attached to that (swings,) my ability to interview willing, that may not be a true statement for much longer. It’s been awhile since I’ve really read a lot of books, but I’ve been powering through audiobooks and podcasts both in my commute to work and in any time when I’m occupied in a task that my brain doesn’t necessarily have to be (working more than full time does a number on your free time.)

I’m really intrigued by the community storytelling aspect of this. I’ve been active on the Storium site before and really enjoyed it (VestigialLung on there,) but life has a way of getting in the way, so I’ve had to step away from the regular time commitment that the site requires.

Got a fair amount of reading in front of me, but I’ve also got a particularly slow set of nights coming up at work, so I look forward to catching up while on the clock.

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Kvornir and welcome to Thornmouth @Psychopomp! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as your job (I’m looking at you Psycopomp), D&D, video games, and book recommendations.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourselves to your new guildmates: here for @Kvornir and here for @Psychopomp. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios for Balimora, and @Sellalellen for Thornmouth. Feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. @Rimor and I are the Wagoneers at the moment. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

7 Likes

Welcome @Psychopomp and @Kvornir!!!

5 Likes

I think it should also be mentioned that my painting, titled ‘The Four Elements’, just won at my local county fair. I found out the same day this all happened. Just leaving this here for posterity.

16 Likes

Hi there!

My name’s Aschu, and I’m a pretty outgoing college student with a (at least I’d like to say) knack for creating pretty decent amateur drawings, love of dogs, and super power of always waking up at 6 am regardless of whether I went to bed at 3 am or not.

I was sorted into Balimora! It seems very interesting, and I’m sure I’ll love it- it’s just odd for me to wrap my head around the symbolism a bit because I’ve been trained to associate nature with stability rather than chaos, but honestly I welcome that new train of thought.

13 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Aschu! I’m Rimor one of Thornmouths Wagoneers!

So to get started please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re really important!!

Next up let me introduce you to your amazing guild leaders @Helios and @Nimueh! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Balimora guild hall to introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates!

Some thread you might be interested in are Pets, sketch and visual arts!

6 Likes

Hello
I found a link to this on facebook, as I have loved interactive novels for a while I wanted to give this a try.
I got sorted into gossmer and hope I can contribute well.

10 Likes

Welcome @Onward to the Ackerly Green Community!! I’m Rimor one of the Wagoneers from Thornmouth!

So to get started here please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re really important!!

Next up let me introduce you to your amazing guild leaders @OracleSage and @Augustus_Octavian! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you reach basic trust level you can introduce yourself to you fellow guild mates in the Gossmere welcome thread!

For now tell us about some of your interests so we can direct you to some threads you might like!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Aschu and @Onward! I’m Void, the other Thornmouth Wagoneer. Glad to have you here!

5 Likes

I’m a all around gamer and anime watcher. I play games from all systems and eras that I can find. The rest of my time I’m usually helping others

9 Likes

We do have a video game topic that you may enjoy. It doesn’t look like we have a topic for anime, but if you want to start one I’m sure there would be interest in it.

6 Likes

How would I go about starting one?

4 Likes

There should be a button on the main page called new topic

4 Likes

Hey, I’m mikasol, I love studying magic in many forms, have most my life, I stumbled upon the magiq universe a couple days ago. Or rather it found me. Turns out I’m Ebenguard and I can see that but I’m brand new and want to be cuaght up I’m reading Flora and fuana now, well devouring it haha I’m sure I’ll be done in a day or two. Loving every minute of this almost feels like home

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Mikasol!

I’m one of the Ebenguard guild leaders, along with @Ginger. Any questions you may find yourself with while poking around the forum, feel free to reach out to either of us or our Wagoneers.

We have our Q&A topic here, our guild hall welcome topic here (which may or may not be locked to posting in for a little while, depending on exactly how long/how much browsing the forum requires to go up from the super-new-person level). The top post on this thread has some good info too, though I’m sure you’ve seen it. :endriwink:

Look forward to seeing you around! :laurensmile:

8 Likes

Thanks Ashburn! Ill bring my questions to you and the q&a much appreciated :blush:

8 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m new here and I just found this community. I’m part of the Ebenguard guild and I can’t wait to help build this world

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Zhadic!!

So to get started please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re really important!!

Next your guild leaders are the wonderful @Ginger and @Ashburn! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the Wagoneers such as myself and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you’ve increased in trust level you can head over to the Ebenguard guild hall to introduce yourselves to your fellow guild mates!

Now that’s out of the way tell us a little bit about yourself and your interests!

7 Likes

Just stumbled upon all of this through a friend’s link on Facebook. Took my quiz and was sorted into Balimora. I read the other guild descriptions in the wiki and though I feel drawn to aspects of other guilds, this one seems to resonate with me. (I’m a social worker, so the Gossmere guild felt philosophically right - but I’m also a bit chaotic and trust where the Universe leads me, even when it doesn’t appear “correct” on the surface… so Balimora it is!)

I have not finished reading everything yet - it will likely take me a bit. I’m open to all guidance and gentle nudges to know where to go next and what to do. I’m not entirely sure what this all is yet, but I’m interested. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Welcome @Solunari to the Ackerly Green Community!!

Next up let me introduce you to your amazing guild leaders @Helios and @Nimueh! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Balimora guild hall to introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates!

I’d recommend you start with CJs books as they’ll get you caught up on the narrative but In the meantime we have all kinds of topics you can join in such as food, drinks and cooking, your job, your personal hobbies, or just a general discussion!

6 Likes