The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

Hi I’m Mori,

A shy new Ebenguard, nice to meet you all and I hope to learn and have fun with many of you! This is something completely new to me haha totally out of my element.

13 Likes

Welcome @Mori! I put a link to the forum primer and the names of your guild leaders in one of my posts above. Feel free to @ either of the guild leaders with any questions you have after reading through the forum primer and the forum rules. You’ll find that this is an incredibly welcoming community that is always happy to help new members find their way around.

8 Likes

@BrokenVoid

Good to know! Thank you so much haha.

8 Likes

hullo mori! pleasure to meet you!

6 Likes

@Cj_Heighton Nice to meet you as well! Hello :smiley:

6 Likes

@Mori Fellow Ebenguard and fellow graphic designer! The similarities just keep coming. :smile: Welcome to the forums, it’s good to have you.

8 Likes

Great to be here! I guess it was fate that brought me here XD I’m excited to get to know everyone :smiley: @metatomato

6 Likes

Hello to all :slight_smile: I should start by saying I may not be very active here, I have many things going on in life and a 12 hour work shift…
I also suppose I should say I’m definitely new to a forum based community. I feel that I’ll enjoy being a part of this, especially since the basis for this one is immensely intriguing.
According to the assessment, I’m a Thornmouth and Flinterforge (yes I took it twice, I thought it was fun :slight_smile: ). After reading about the guilds, I can truly see aspects of myself in each of them which would mean I’m…polyguild-all…? I’m not sure what to do about that, with regards to joining a guild, so any advice will be appreciated.

13 Likes

Welcome @AutumnWriter, @Reese, @Mori and @RichardPheonix!!!

@Sellalellen is the Thornmouth leader (Yes I’m totally claiming him as one of ours) so if you have any questions you can ask her!

You should start by checking out the Forum Primer as it has loads of useful links and information!

(Sorry Rev for constantly editing this post my phone is not playing nice today :laughing:)

8 Likes

Hi Richard! Welcome to the forums. :cjsmile:

The guilds are definitely relatable, and I’m glad to hear you’re connecting with all of them! Generally how polyguilds have approached things is by joining their dominant guild, but also associating with the other guild(s) they identify with. For example, a Gossmere/Ebenguard hybrid would join Gossmere and use that as their forum badge, but also associate with Ebenguard.

What I would suggest is visit The Guilds category and see how people are discussing each of the guilds. Each of the guilds has very unique and interesting ethos that have been explored by their members! You may find that one of them speaks to you more than the rest and I’d definitely advise you to explore that! And if you find none of them particularly call to you, you’re welcome to join me in outer space. :eaveshug:

10 Likes

Thank you @Revenir and @Rimor for the guidance. I’ve always had a knack for fitting in with all. To narrow it down, I’ll use the Thornmouth badge, and claim to be a Thornforge since Thornmouth and Flinterforge are the most dominant for me.

7 Likes

Yessss one of us, one of us!

4 Likes

Greetings I am Aspen. A tale spinner and consumer of stories. Bard and wizard I am very interested and excited about this community. :v:

9 Likes

Hey, @Aspen, welcome to the forums! Since you’re in Balimora, your guild leader is @Helios, so feel free to reach to him (or other leaders like me) with questions! I noticed your post in the Q&A thread, and I think you should check out the forum primer that Rimor linked a couple of posts up! It’ll help you navigate the forums and might answer some of the questions you have! I’d also suggest you head over to the groups category of the forums and join the Balimora group! so you get the cool little flair by your name! Again, welcome to the forums!

6 Likes

Dear mister @Remus,
Thank you very much. Have just completed the forum primer and it did indeed help, mostly I just feel overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of the content within this place. Thank you very much for your assistance though :pray:

6 Likes

Hey Aspen!

That totally makes sense, feel free to reach out or post in the other thread again! I’m more than happy to help :blush:

6 Likes

Welcome @Aspen!

3 Likes

bows wonderful dear sir. Thank you very much!! I think I can figure it out, I have a small degree of experience with chats of a similar nature, but if I have questions I will be sure to ask.

6 Likes

bows thank you very much good fellow @Rimor!!

6 Likes

What corner of the earth do you hail from?

5 Likes