The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

Welcome to the coolest guild ever :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the Mountaineers!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Briar. I’m new. Are people still active on here?

2 Likes

I just joined today but I believe it’s still active

4 Likes

Yes, there are lots online right now- myself included. Hi, also new.

5 Likes

Yes, we’re plenty active here! Right now we’re in between phases, though there’s some work going on in the heavenly bodies topic. There’s also a lot of past stuff to catch up with, which you can do using the weekly recaps, fragment videos, and wiki. Also check out the quickstart guide which is in the meta part of the forum.

4 Likes

Welcome, @Rosaven and @Philby318. It’s great to see more Flinterforge in Basecamp!

My name is Deyavi, and I’m Ebenguard. Someone is almost always around, as we’ve got Mountaineers in varying time zones. If you have questions or need help, you can alwaya contact me, or some of the Guild Leaders.

It’s a lot to take in at first, but the understanding is worthwhile. I promise. If you start with the Fragment recaps on the Basecamp 33 YouTube channel, you’ll get caught up quickly on the first 8 Fragments. @Eaves, the Gossmere leader, posts great weekly recaps that can help you get spun up on what has been going on recently.

We’d also love to see you in the Campfire, where we create and share our Magiqal experiences, knowledge, and theories in the form of stories and art.

Welcome to the Mountaineers!

^everything Rev said :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hello all, Just thought I would introduce myself before I start plunging into information and catching up. I’m a Thornmouth and look forward to working with everyone :smile:

5 Likes

Hello new Mounties,
I am pleased to welcome you all to Basecamp33, home of the mountineers. If you need help catching up check our youtube for recaps (Newer ones are coming soon!) and Eaves weekly recaps!
Love and Luck
Oracle

2 Likes

Hey welcome to the party, Woden! :grin: Let us know if you have any questions while you dig into all that info!

2 Likes

If possible, could you tell me the base information on the constellations and puzzle in fragment twelve? That would be very helpful.

3 Likes

What do you need to know? I may be of some assistance. @Goldthorn

2 Likes

I need to know the base information about this puzzle. As I am new here, it is a bit confusing to me and i would like some information so that I may be of aid to the puzzle.

2 Likes

Okay so I havent been around much in recent fragments but the puzzle really varies from fragment to fragment. Keep in mind now that the book is burned we may not be doing fragments the same way.

3 Likes

Ah yes. That would change things. All right, well I’ll keep digging and hopefully find something, sorry to waste your time!

2 Likes

Not at all! I wish I could be more help. It may be helpful to just go to each thread and ask to be caught up, because I understand that reading that much can be overwhelming, and im sure someone there will be happy to catch you up a bit!

3 Likes

Wait, I was wondering, in reading on fragment twelve I see people frequently discussing casting spells. What is the basis of casting a spell here? Also, are there guild specific spells or a list of spells I could find?

2 Likes

Well so far we have cast four spells. That im aware of at least.

We freed Deidra from her block to the magical world, we found that from a note her father left I think.
We cast a protective ward on Basecamp, that was given to us by a member of the Low.
We helped some friends sneak into KS, those spells were written here in Basecamp
and we laid Ituski’s soul to rest, which was also written here.

Bottom line is, from creativity comes magic. For the ward we made origami and wrote about our favorite basecamp memories, for the funeral spell we read poetry and lit candles… ect.

4 Likes

Oh, I see. So to cast a spell, everyone must do a physical action corresponding emotionally to the event needed.

3 Likes

5 spells. There was the teatime one for memory.

5 Likes