The Week of December 11th

Originally published at: About CJ Bernstein - Ackerly Green

5 Likes

I’m! Very, very interested in tshirts or sweatshirts and the two things you want to interweave into the narrative! Receiving something in the mail every now and then would be really interesting. And I think Patreon is a pretty good choice, I’ve heard some pretty good things about it! And I just wanted to say, thank you so much for working so hard on this! This has been my first ARG and it’s turning out to be a completely amazing, really unique experience and I really love it a lot!!

5 Likes

I’ve supported a couple patreon capmaigns in the past. I think it’s a great idea if it means more of your vision for this project can be made a reality.

What I look for in patreon projects is trying make the most of my money that goes to supporting that thing. That sounds silly obvious, but I mean I hate doing calculus on donations to figure out that if I contribute $20 a month, but I end up getting $8 a month in ‘perks’ that I may or may not care about, I’m really only contributing $12 to the project I care about . But if I drop my contribution to $12, then I get $4 a month in freebies, and now it’s only $8. And yes, sadly my brain works that way… I can’t stop it, I’ve tried.

I may be in the minority of patreon supporters but the only perk I really look for in a campaign is ‘the money contributed goes into making the awesome project I like more awesome for everyone’.

I’m looking forward to seeing it roll out.

5 Likes

That’s so great to hear @supernova, thanks so much for the kindness and encouraging words!

4 Likes

@Robert, I COMPLETELY understand and I’m working on making sure that all of your investments feel worthwhile with regards to both The Monarch Papers and what you get in return.

3 Likes

I love all of your intro takes, too funny :joy:

I’ve never heard of patreon, but from what I understand it sounds like a really good idea. I’d definitely be willing to contribute since I’ve enjoyed this experience immensely and hope that it keeps going for a long time.

Some things I’d be interested in hearing about in future videos if you ever run out of things to talk about:

• How long you think this experience will go on for?
  • Does the relatively small size of our community bother you or are you happy with its growth so far?
  • Is there anything we can help you with to make this experience even better (puzzle ideas, advertising/getting the word out, interacting in a different way with the characters, etc)?
  • Does it ever drive you crazy watching us try to solve the puzzles and being way off or perhaps really close but just not getting there?
  • What are some things that have surprised you about creating this experience?

Keep up the awesome work, I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

5 Likes

@Kelsey, these are AWESOME questions! Thanks for taking the time to put them together. I’m pretty swamped this right now but if you don’t mind, I will make next week’s vlog a quick Patreon update and then I’ll spend the rest of the time answering all your questions!

4 Likes

I actually have a question for you too! Do you have plans to release the stories that Ackerly Green Publishing made in the narrative? Such as The Wolf And the Wild? How did you come up with all the titles, as well?
I would like to be able to participate in the patreon (as I’ve seen very good things come out of other people adding patreon to help support them whilst making their content), but I’m too young to be able too give any money in that kind of way… :crying_cat_face:
Another question, will merch be available to those who are unable to participate in the patreon? Cause man… I really want some. Its cool if it costs more money due to not buying in bulk like you said, at least to me, I’d still buy it any day of the week! Again, that’s just me though!

5 Likes