The Week of April 30th

Originally published at: http://www.cjbernstein.com/2017/05/01/week-april-30th/

https://youtu.be/NAmluD5tEsg

6 Likes

Please reply with your ideas for Discord rules and if you want to volunteer to be a moderator!

4 Likes

Iā€™m about to head to work and was only about halfway through (will watch rest later), but I had a few things to add.

First of all, major shoutout to @Revenir for making the emoji for the server. Heā€™s been working his butt off and heā€™s amazing.

Second, to help remedy the issue of the divide between the platforms, we can have a weekly/bi-weekly discord recap here on basecamp. Sort of a best-of for things that have happened on the server. Useful for particularly funny moments, really good meta questions, and more.

Furthermore, should anyone post something that really seems as though it might be book-worthy (or better suited to be on the forums in general), the conversation can be reposted here.

Thanks so much for all of this, @CJB. You are the best!

8 Likes

I would gladly be a moderator on the Discord! I know I am already a moderator on the forum here, so if others want to do it, I would be happy to have the others do that. But if not, I would love to be a moderator there as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Iā€™m cool with that :smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™d be down to be a moderator on Discord if you need more!

Ooo girl, I also just saw the email about the live chat tonight - Iā€™m excited!

7 Likes

The pins look great. I donā€™t think of myself as a ā€˜pin personā€™, but I probably wonā€™t be able to restrain myself from getting the whole set.

On a more serious note about this vlog though, where the heck was Camera 2? Thatā€™s my favorite camera in your vlogs because thatā€™s where we get to see more of Sassy CJB. What Camera 2 doesnā€™t get to go to the country also?!

#FreeCamera2!

9 Likes

Camera 2 wasnā€™t invited. Camera 2, turns out, has been running his mouth behind (beside) my back and Iā€™m not having it.

10 Likes

And btw, we already hit 1,000 readers about an hour ago. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Pins, pins, pins! Iā€™m so excited for them. And less than $300 to go before weā€™ve hit the goal! Gotta find a way to motivate peopleā€¦uhā€¦Iā€™ll draw a discord emoji for anyone who ups their pledge? :joy: Unfortunately, my powers as Emoji Overlord are a bit nicheā€¦

As far as Discordā€¦Iā€™m pretty chill with my position as Emoji Overlord, but Iā€™m happy to pitch in with moderator-y stuff, if you guys need an extra hand. :slight_smile:

Also, omg, Sara Kipin is the artist?! I thought I recognized the style but never thought anything of it. For anyone whoā€™s an art aficionado, go follow her on twitter and tumblr. Her art is legit amazing. Serious inspiration, foā€™realz. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Sara is INCREDIBLE! Sheā€™s done and continues to do tons of work for AGP.

6 Likes

I canā€™t wait for pins, also Iā€™m on the internet too much, might as well help where I can so I wouldnt mind being a mod for the discord. I think the main thing would be mods just watching for in-game content and gently pushing it back to the forums and just high levels of profanity (could include a ā€œmatureā€ channel if some people like to be a little more loose with their words) and just limiting aggression between users if it ever begins to exist. I think it will be easier to organize rules once the lay out of the chat and voice channels is open to us. Also, just your basic ā€œno hate languageā€ i.e. homophobic, racist, sexist, etc.

7 Likes

@CJB if youā€™re still alive out there, pls discord me so we can talk about the new rules

6 Likes

Also, all interested mods, add me: Chordie#9642

4 Likes

How far are we now from pins? I just pledged and sharedā€¦ I know beyond a doubt that I have some nerdly-inclined roleplaying friends who wonā€™t be able to stay away.

Yeah, I know. Iā€™m spending a loooooot of time on at Basecamp. :octopus:

6 Likes

As of right now, the Patreonā€™s at $903, so only $97 left! :smiley:

6 Likes

Am much excite! So wow!

5 Likes