The Weatherwatch Playlist

For building the ultimate Weatherwatch playlist.
Highlights will be featured on an official soundtrack!

5 Likes

I discovered this one last month, but The Struts’ “Could Have Been Me” gave me some WW vibes. (The NNRPG bearing with the “all attention is good attention” potential to it, in particular)

6 Likes

Here’s a few contributions!! With a little blurb for each, explaining my thoughts.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
All about knowing your own destiny – and shooting quick-witted remarks at people who try to hold you back, while you’re at it. Gods, I love this song.

Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car - Iron And Wine
This song is just drippinggggg with WW vibes. Dissatisfaction with the current state around you, a constant yearning for something different. And the music itself just… feels Weatherwatch-y. It’s jaunty and impatient, in a lack for better words.

Shake Me Down - Cage The Elephant
The lyrics make this song choice pretty self explanatory for WW:

Even on a cloudy day
I’ll keep my eyes fixed on the sun

It’s also just a really good song.

Wrecking Ball - Mother Mother
This one might sound more Balimora-esque, but I think there is a drive and a definite purpose behind the disarray the speaker imbues. Not to mention the (albeit stereotypical) spontaneity. But then again, it’s all up to interpretation~

Aawake At Night - half•alive
(Yes, the song title is spelled like that)
This is another self-explanatory one. It’s about a longing for something you can’t quite grasp.

This heart of mine is tired
But my feet will not retire

I should go back and edit my Balimora playlist post, haha. It needs some more ~depth~.

5 Likes