The Six Elements - Alchemical Symbols Project

OH GOSH! :see_no_evil: I’ll see about aether… Hmmm… That’s great question. I think I have an idea! Will report back with hopefully something pretty.

I’m in love with everyone’s artwork and it definitely inspires me to keep up creating! Please, keep sharing, everyone!

11 Likes

Hey all, jumping into this as a fairly newly initiated Balimoran, who’s only just caught up on this thread, so please excuse any missteps.

So in contrast to the physical notion of the guilds being not just communities but tangible places/institutions, I interpreted the idea of these ‘houses’ as akin to the ‘schools of magic’ structure present in Elder Scrolls or D&D (illusion, enchantment, restoration, evocation, etc); different studies which focus on a different magiqal element.

My first thought is, if this is indeed the intention, is there a way to rephrase ‘House’ that avoids the physical connotation?
I don’t have a solid suggestion of an alternative just yet (the only alternatives which spring to mind are ‘college’ or ‘school’ which have academic connotations as well as physical which doesn’t necessarily suit every guilds “vibe” equally).
‘Study’, maybe? Practice? Perhaps even, each House might refer to their study by a different means? The Study of Refelction? The Practice of Humanity?

(Aslo, I’ll throw in ‘Compassion’ as a contender for Gossmere.)

4 Likes

Wow you made me want a linguist hat

7 Likes