The Q&A Super Topic: Ask Your Questions Here!

It’s super useful for that!

8 Likes

So this might have been asked before but what is basecamp 33 and does that mean that there have been 33 basecamps before 34? Sorry if this doesn’t make much sense :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Basecamp 33 was what the forum was called back when our generation of Mounties were interacting with the Book of Briars during The Monarch Papers. Sometime after we unlocked the BoB, we morphed into the AG Forum.

We definitely weren’t the first group, though not 100% sure if all of the previous iterations would have called themselves “basecamp.” With how far back it goes, it’s entirely possible there have been that many.

15 Likes

There is an answer for the origin of “BC33” and it will be revealed this year. There are already clues floating around. :cjtea:

21 Likes

Oh my I do love a good bit of intrigue and mystery! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

I’ve been gone so long fellow mountaineers

10 Likes

Welcome back!

8 Likes

So I’m not sure if this has been asked already; but from a combination of reading here + on webtoon, I’ve learned that reading online has, um… caused me migraines. : ( Is there any way I can purchase physical copies of the book(s) here?

11 Likes

You can! :heart:

10 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes

hi I’m wondering how I can read about the different guilds, I was shown a wiki page, I think but I couldn’t find any explanation about the different guilds.

8 Likes

You can read more about the guilds here! Click the link below to view the whole wiki post, which has links to each of the six individual guilds as well.

12 Likes

Is there an app? or some easy way to access this site besides the browser on your phone?

6 Likes

There’s no app right now, but the forum was designed with mobile in mind, :cjheart: and using Telegram will allow mobile notifications as well!

11 Likes

If you use Chrome it should allow you to make a shortcut.
It strips some of the browser functionality and makes it more app like.

12 Likes

Thank you!!

6 Likes

A strange question I shall put to those with the knowledge to answer it:

Have any of the guilds ever thought that working separately may not be the quickest way to answer any questions regarding magiq by working “on their own”? As Mounties are a collective team separated by guilds, have there ever been formal teams (outside of leadership) composed of members from each guild who have been tasked with searching for answers to specific questions/ideas/concepts? Or have most of the endeavors just been a massive group effort? Or possibly have these efforts been “loose” groups that form and dissolve dynamically?

Ok, so maybe that was more than just one question. Sorry. :smile:

8 Likes

We definitely work together a lot when it comes to assembling works of magiq for a specific purpose. The guilds really just let people focus on the things that interest them more. And members of each guild have natural affinities for certain types of magiq.

9 Likes

Searching for answers has definitely been more of a collective effort, historically-speaking, though there have been things (not wanting to spoil things for you) where having representatives from all the guilds was very important.

Also, welcome! :endri2:

8 Likes

Thanks @BrokenVoid and @Ashburn!

I know I’m new to all of this, but as I’ve been reading and skimming and perusing, I didn’t see anything related to groups working together. So thanks for the answers.

And, as I reread my original question, I was embarrassed that it reads with a bit of arrogance and condescension. That was definitely not the tone I was going for, so if anyone reading this now or in the future notices this, I sincerely apologize. The question really was just a curiosity that I wanted an answer to.

(This is why I generally stick to myself: there are far fewer misunderstandings that way.)

6 Likes