The Festival of Guide and Guild - Day 6: Balimora

Ahem. Apologies for how late this is. My Monday has been a bit, well, turbulent? Without structure? perhaps even…chaotic?

By a complete stroke of coincidence, today happens to be the celebration of Balimora! Your prompt is:

“Only the Great Chaos matters now.”

What does that mean? Well, to be honest, I’m not entirely sure. Interpret as you will? I’m interested to see what you all come up with. :wink: Happy Day of Balimora!

11 Likes

me, with my head on my desk, livin’ in that Monday mood: “only the Great Chaos matters now”

10 Likes

im honestly not sure how to interpret that other than how i feel getting outta bed in the morning. Nothing matters. Chaos reigns.

7 Likes

“Only the Great Chaos matters now.”

Generally, saying that the only thing that is important is Chaos confuses people sometimes because if all we had was Chaos, then we’d have a lot of problems living life. But I don’t think that the Great Chaos is entirely the concept of no order. To me, the Great Chaos is more of a promise. The promise of exciting and unpredictable turns in one’s life. Everyone has an idea of how they want their next hour, day, month, year, and life to go. We plan it out on paper or daydream about it’s outcome. But we can’t do though is know what curve balls life throws at us. Many people claim that they don’t like those twists, because sometimes they can be devastating but sometimes they can also be really good. From the Ebenguard perspective that balance is important, the Great Chaos is one of the sides of the scales to balance out our planned lives.

That chaos that is introduced to into our lives will happen whether we want it to or not and we have no idea where it will take us. However, when you look back on your life and all the things that have happened to you and all the things you did right back to life to show how much that you can live, what people tend to remember is that Great Chaos. The memories of all the crazy things that happened to us that led us to this moment. That led the mountaineers to magiq itself.

“Only the Great Chaos matters now.” The Chaos that introduces to us that spark of life in every moment we live and that will lead us on many adventures for years to come. I’m glad it resides in each and every one of us.

11 Likes

Arboretum cheese

8 Likes