The Currently Reading Super Topic

Yep!!!

5 Likes

Eeeee!!! :deirdreexcited:

6 Likes

Ooh it’s gorgeous!! I just finished The Fellowship of the Ring finally!!

9 Likes

That’s a beautiful book! I have the mini faux-leather box set, which I do really like. I still have yet to finish the first book, as I started it months ago but got distracted and forgot about it.

6 Likes

That’s the set I have on my wishlist

6 Likes

lotr!! I need to start the third. my list of to-read is quite extensive but on my list of to-read and to-buy is anne of green gables, i watched what’s released of the netflix series last month and absolutely loved it

7 Likes

Ooh I’ve been wanting to re-read Anne of Green Gables for a while now! I love re-reading books I read when I was little, especially classics.

Because I had a day or two between when I finished Fellowship of the Ring and when I could go pick up The Two Towers and I can’t go that long without reading, I started Dig by A.S. King and holy moly, it’s fantastic. Like, set my alarm a whole hour early so I could have extra time to read this morning fantastic. It’s a contemporary YA that is so timely and genuine and hearfelt, I still have a hundred pages left but I can’t recommend it highly enough!!

10 Likes

i’ll have to look into dig! And i’m the same way, I treat my books as well as I can but years down the road they end up looking very well loved from re-reading and re-reading. My harry potter books have shown that wear especially but i think it makes them all the better

10 Likes

Oh my copy of Sorcerer’s stone is held together about as well as Harry’s glasses :joy:
Between me and all of my siblings, I’m pretty sure it spent about a year on the floor of our minivan being picked up and put down on the way to school/extracurriculars. Definitely well-loved!

9 Likes

Liber Reparo!

Did it work?

9 Likes

Do you SEE the cracks in these spines? :confounded: I lost track of how many times I’ve read this trilogy. Something north of 15.

11 Likes

I love how this series toys with magical-reality; it feels like Neil Gaiman’s “Stardust” had a baby with Erin Morgenstern’s “Night Circus”. Divination cards are a catalyzing plot point - which I’m clearly obsessed with.
Anyone else fallen down this rabbit hole?

13 Likes

:eyes:

Well, I guess the TBR can get a bit longer… :ascendershrug:

10 Likes

Is that the book that inspired the show with Orlando Bloom? What was it called… They’re in The Burgh… Fae are slaves… Argh this will drive me nuts

9 Likes

Carnival Row?

7 Likes

YES!! Oh I want to watch it but I’m not subscribed to that streaming service

7 Likes

I just finished Chernobyl by Serhii Plokhi.

It was informative but hardly the best book I’ve read on Chernobyl. Midnight in Chernobyl was a much more enjoyable read, focusing more on the human element of the disaster, not to mention a more engaging writing style. Still, this did do an excellent job of covering the cover-up in the aftermath, something Midnight didn’t cover in as much detail.

So a little light easy reading :wink:

7 Likes

Not as far as I know - that series looks amazing though! Cara Delevingne as an angry, heart broken fae? Please and thank you!

8 Likes

I just got Priory of the Orange Tree from the library. I heard it was slow and world-buildy and it is, and I love it. It’s full of queens. And also dragons. :dragon:

10 Likes

Oh man I’m still on the waitlist for that one but I want it so bad!!

I’m reading Wilder Girls by Rory Power and it is certainly …wild.
It’s about a girls’ boarding school where all of the girls have been infected by this crazy disease and quarantined on the island where the school is so it’s very suspenseful and mysterious and I’m SO into it.

10 Likes