The Currently Reading Super Topic

I’ve been in something of a reading rut since finishing the monarch papers, but I have finally read more than a few pages of a new book!
Currently reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman.
I find the concepts for his books different, but that might be because I rarely read outside the fantasy genre.
I’m getting along ok with Unwind, but I think I prefer Sythe.
Anyone else read his work?

10 Likes

I finished reading Clariel, and decided to go back and reread the original trilogy. Making slow progress what with work and social obligations, but wow, I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed these books! I may just buy myself new copies of the entire series after I’m finished paying down my debts

11 Likes

The Magician’s Apprentice by Trudi Canavan is really good, and I unfortunately haven’t been able to find either of the following books of the series in physical stores. An interesting aspect of them is that magicians all have a limited supply of magic within them but it is possible to draw magic from others, so some take apprentices as a source of magic when in need and others choose to take it by force.

11 Likes

I have the entire series; bought them all as they were published. I love the prequel book

6 Likes

Next year I will be studying Kelly Link as my “independent study” author and I am so excited to start “Magic For Beginners” this week.

11 Likes

I’m currently reading Scott Westerfeld’s third book in the Zeroes series, Nexus. I love this author, so I’m excited to see how he ends the story.

6 Likes

I thought Unwind was such an interesting book! I recommended it to several friends after I was done reading. I haven’t read any other books from Neal Shesterman, but I will check out Sythe.

7 Likes

@Catherine you’ve inspired me to start reading my copy of Lord of the rings again and finish it!

16 Likes

OMG, I have this same edition!

7 Likes

Omg twinsies!!! Do you also have the silmarillion and hobbit in the same style?

7 Likes

Yep!!!

5 Likes

Eeeee!!! :deirdreexcited:

6 Likes

Ooh it’s gorgeous!! I just finished The Fellowship of the Ring finally!!

9 Likes

That’s a beautiful book! I have the mini faux-leather box set, which I do really like. I still have yet to finish the first book, as I started it months ago but got distracted and forgot about it.

6 Likes

That’s the set I have on my wishlist

6 Likes

lotr!! I need to start the third. my list of to-read is quite extensive but on my list of to-read and to-buy is anne of green gables, i watched what’s released of the netflix series last month and absolutely loved it

7 Likes

Ooh I’ve been wanting to re-read Anne of Green Gables for a while now! I love re-reading books I read when I was little, especially classics.

Because I had a day or two between when I finished Fellowship of the Ring and when I could go pick up The Two Towers and I can’t go that long without reading, I started Dig by A.S. King and holy moly, it’s fantastic. Like, set my alarm a whole hour early so I could have extra time to read this morning fantastic. It’s a contemporary YA that is so timely and genuine and hearfelt, I still have a hundred pages left but I can’t recommend it highly enough!!

10 Likes

i’ll have to look into dig! And i’m the same way, I treat my books as well as I can but years down the road they end up looking very well loved from re-reading and re-reading. My harry potter books have shown that wear especially but i think it makes them all the better

10 Likes

Oh my copy of Sorcerer’s stone is held together about as well as Harry’s glasses :joy:
Between me and all of my siblings, I’m pretty sure it spent about a year on the floor of our minivan being picked up and put down on the way to school/extracurriculars. Definitely well-loved!

9 Likes

Liber Reparo!

Did it work?

9 Likes