The Corrupted Pages (Solved)

These 5 words might mean that we need to arrange fragments of flowers and then reverse search result using something like http://tineye.com. No luck yet :frowning:

3 Likes

I managed to find frame

on couple of image sharing resources.

3 Likes

I tried a few things in photoshop but haven’t been able to find anything meaningful yet. I’ll post my attempts here in case anyone can find some significance that I missed.

Here is an album of my attempts rearranging the flowers and overlaying them on top of eachother: http://imgur.com/a/Sf8WU

I also overlayed the corrupted page with the gaps that Michael posted over the original in case it revealed anything, but the resulting words don’t seem to make any sense.

3 Likes

Nice work, PK. I found this piece of it on a few sites as well:
http://www.wotomoro.com/PUBLICLIB/Interlacement/slides/artdeco_4.jpg

I haven’t been able to find any source for the flowers yet. Maybe they are unique? It does seem odd that only one corner has no flowers at all, especially when one of the 5 words is ‘flowers’.

3 Likes

Guys guys guys guys guys!

We did it! So, something about the “flowers” in the corners of the page kept nagging at us, right? And then Cam put them together into that very pretty image. So I decided to play around with it it photoshop but couldn’t get anywhere. I arranged them the way Cam did, thinking that it looked like that’s how they were supposed to go. Very pretty, but nothing was jumping out at me. And then I thought, why not try a google image search?

The first result was a link to a French cooking show. But, the next…

A Tumblr post titled “I’m not the only thing that changed.” !!!

HERE IT IS!

It’s called a Fraylily! I have no idea who the poster is yet, but she said she saw it in a dream. That Tumblr page is a rabbit hole just waiting to be explored. But that’s not the kicker.

So, Fraylily. What a cool word. I thought it might be an anagram or that the letter were a key to the corrupted pages somehow. Unfortunately, nothing. I searched google and didn’t come up with anything there. So I thought I’d go back through the forum and refresh my memory about what everyone has seen and mentioned, wondering if I missed something. That’s when I saw that Andy noticed how something looked like a URL. So after several failed ideas, I eventually went to the Book of Briars and added /fraylily at the end of the url.

>insert exploding head here<

THE FIRST FRAGMENT!!!

So go, check it out and see!

Well done everyone! We found the first fragment!

3 Likes

@mike, this is nuts! awesome work everybody. i really was starting to think we were crazy. i’m creating a topic to discuss what you found there and letting the other Mounties know. this is HUGE.

3 Likes

Yes Mike! Way to go everyone!!

3 Likes

hey guys, i see the page wants people to put their names in for finding the fragment. you guys deserve that for digging in. i say get in there and put your name in the book before Endri posts about this and everyone sees it.

@cameronp, @andyisnowskynet, @piki, @ccon

3 Likes

Whoa! Amazing!! @mike, you cracked a really hard nut there, bravo!

3 Likes

I can’t take credit for this. If it wasn’t for Cam’s photoshop skills and Andy’s insight, I never would have found it. This is definitely a team effort and I think that these forums will be indispensable going forward. Where we can collate our ideas and collaborate on finding the clues we need. And with more people joining to help, the easier it will be. Great job everyone!

Only fifteen more to go!

3 Likes

Awesome job, Michael! And great idea PK to reverse search the flower image!

3 Likes

i had Endri update the post to add @piki, GOOD job guys!

3 Likes

uhhh, has anybody checked out the book today?

3 Likes

That is awesome! Also looks like the background graphic has changed.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, really impressive work. I knew you guys would come through. Looks like we have a lot of work ahead of us, and I’m busy irl, working on something that might be helpful. Just wanted to say good job.

4 Likes