The Corrupted Pages (Solved)

nice find Cameron, will take a look at it too. have you tried “crushing” the other pages?

3 Likes

When I download and put the poem page in photoshop, the “see through” image disappears. I can see just the hint of the corner flower pictures on the page on the web, but it’s gone on my downloaded file. Will try again, but I agree that it’s a great find.

I also noticed that the “Blue” corrupted page has empty blocks that might reveal a message if placed over another image but I haven’t had any success yet. Still working.

3 Likes

If you use curves to blowout the corrupted page with text in several thick bands of pink, green, and blue, you’ll notice that there is only a single phrase readable in each band:

“now seeing the truth. The world as it truly is.”

It is the only text that is readable on that page so I believe it has to be important. How, I don’t know, but we should all be aware of it.

3 Likes

Another thing I noticed about the multi-colored banded page is that the roman numerals are readable, but only the second line: 52,59,88,104,108.

3 Likes

Thank God someone else is up. Email? Email? Anybody checked their email?

3 Likes

The Book just emailed with this:

Find the words that have been changed
Words both new and rearranged
To find the five among the score
Look deeper than you have before

Beyond the flowers and the bevels
Between the words are deeper levels
And if you wish to earn a prize
See the page with different eyes

I posted a list of words that had been changed or added farther up the thread so I’ll go back and revisit since it seems the book is telling us to head in that direction.

I think we’re close!

3 Likes

Great! I was hoping I wasn’t the only one who got the email. I have zero Photoshop skills.

3 Likes

Okay, let’s break down the email the Book just sent a little more closely.

“Find the words that have been changed
Words both new and rearranged
To find the five among the score
Look deeper than you have before”

If I’m reading this correctly, we are looking for FIVE specific words among those “that have been changed, words both new and rearranged.”

We noticed earlier that several words were changed between the hand-written page and the published draft. There are also two sentences that were added to the published text. Those words are:

changed/reversed
traveling/passing
and/word omitted from published text
continued/searched
on/across
climb/climbed

“I might have cut these flowers down in another life. Left them to rot in a cup on a table, their dying bodies arranged for my enjoyment. But not this life.”

If the published page contains the “new” words, the those would be: reversed, passing, searched, across, climbed.

But are those the five words we’re looking for?

As for the second half of the message:

"Beyond the flowers and the bevels
Between the words are deeper levels

And if you wish to earn a prize
See the page with different eyes"

Several of us have been fooling around with photoshop to see if there are any underlying clues in the corrupted and original pages. So far we’ve discovered nothing substantial, but this part of the book’s message seems to indicate that there is something there. We just aren’t seeing it.

So that’s where we’re at. If anyone has any other, or hopefully different, observations, please let us know. We are on the cusp of finding this first fragment!

3 Likes

They jumped out at me too, and my brain assumed it was a Vigenère cipher. So I tried that using the keyword “green”, but that didn’t seem to work. Of course I could be doing it all wrong. I found a video online on how to decipher a Vigenère if you don’t know the keyword, but I’m not sure I was doing that right either. Maybe barking up the wrong tree?

3 Likes

Those look like IP addresses, no?

3 Likes

@cameronp and @mike, any luck with PS on those pages? i’m af desktop now and can’t check.

3 Likes

I’m currently seeing a fractal pattern repeating on several versions of the published corrupt page. Here’s an album I’ve made of images processed from the corrupt pages that also includes Mike’s discovery of the “now seeing the truth. The world as it truly is.” segment:

http://imgur.com/a/mC9GE

I’ve also put up an album of all the different original corrupt pages I’ve been able to find:

http://imgur.com/a/4w7EI

3 Likes

I managed to find first fragment, but that was probably luck and someone’s mistake. I don’t want to spoil, but in order to get access there you need to know single word and type it in url after http://bookofbriars.com/

3 Likes

Guys…

http://imgur.com/a/uYP0v

After processing the scan of the published journal entry, the highlighted words are:

reversed
searched
flowers
cut
arranged

It also looks like there’s some sort of symbol that’s highlighting them. Guys?? Anyone seeing this??

3 Likes

whoah, nice find @cameronp. so those are the five words the bob poem was talking about.

3 Likes

Way to go Cam! It almost seems as if we may need to rearrange the flower/bevel pics from the published page in some way. One of them doesn’t have any flowers at all, perhaps the “cut” that’s being mentioned? Will get to photoshop tonight to see what I can come up with but I feel that we’re so close!

3 Likes

Does this mean anything to anyone?

http://imgur.com/ErLJV05

3 Likes

No, but it’s pretty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome job finding those highlighted words, Cam. So what can they mean? I tried to put the first letters together into an anagram but I only got “scarf” out of it. Doesn’t seem like it means anything. Maybe something with cut, flowers, and arranged? Perhaps a bouquet?

3 Likes

I’ve tweaked the “blue” page to reveal the empty blocks. This may not be relevant right now, but it looks like a template that can be placed over another image to reveal a message.

3 Likes