The Cagliostro

Wow.

That was something else.

I guess Cags called up the beast…and somehow let the beast kill him to give Lauren his power? Now Lauren is the new Cags???

Crazy.

Thanks @Marty.60. You may think it’s only a “performance” but it is definitely much more than that. Be careful.

3 Likes

Jeez Marty…Suddenly I’m glad that I told you about that finale. That sounds horrifying.

Do you know what happened to Lauren, the girl? Looks like she’s the new Cagliostro…wonder if those cult people will try to hunt her down.

4 Likes

I’m sure they will. The Cagliostro isn’t something they would just let go.

4 Likes

Yeah…that gave me shivers. Glad you’re safe @Marty.60

4 Likes

She was staring up at the ceiling of Grand Central, talking about seeing everything, the beginning, the end. Then this wind picked up like somebody left a door open. Freezing.

Then she whispered to me, turned to snow in my arms, and blew away. I still haven’t slept.

6 Likes

I’m sorry you had to go through that. We suspected he would try something like this.
Now Lauren is a fugitive I guess, with more power than she knows how to control.
Stay Safe Marty.

2 Likes

Let’s use caution on using the word “fugitive” for now. Although she did set the Morgan Library on fire*, she was doing what she thought would save The Cagliostro. To me she was blinded by the task she thought was most important. And then on top of that, I don’t believe she had any idea what The Original Cagliostro had in mind with the spell. She may be a fugitive in the eyes of the group wanting to kill the Original Cagliostro, but I think we as mountaineers/recruits should be weary of labeling someone something like that quite yet.

*I have yet to see news of the Morgan Library catching fire. Could this have been a mystical fire, maybe one that had the real properties of fire for the duration of the spell and then it just “vanished” once Lauren had what she wanted. A good distraction, clear the room kind of spell. This would lend itself to her being even less of a “fugitive”. Or maybe the news just hasn’t made it out to Canada yet of the library actually catching on fire.

4 Likes

Looks like Cags set up one more email to be delivered today.

Lauren,

I scheduled this to be delivered after my final performance.

I always knew that the tetrahedron was a sacrificial alter. I foresaw that my true successor would help me open it and whatever was inside would finally, thankfully end my long life. I have known you for centuries, Lauren. The thought of you at least. Apprentice after apprentice. And then you. No one is your master now. Not me. Not them. They will either cower or come to claim you. But what you do with the power you have now is up to you.

Don’t grieve me, my dear Lauren. Perhaps I have traveled beyond the lying veil, to the source of all this power. Or perhaps I am atoms scattered in the dark. Either way, I am free.

Yours Eternally,

AC

3 Likes

@Brendon, I think Cole mentioned the fire being there one second and gone the next so maybe that’s what happened. Either magimystic fire or actual fire and whatever power was in the library made it backfire.

3 Likes

Right, I forgot about him saying that. Thanks for pointing that out

3 Likes

You are completely correct. We will always be welcoming to her. By fugitive I mean she is on the run from the Cags Cult.

4 Likes

When I see AC all I can think of is Ackerly Green… woops.

2 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Tetrahedron Assembly

Yes, I know it is kinda pointless before we have all pieces but I thought maybe some pattern would emerge even with only 6 pieces. So far I got nothing, however…

3 Likes

So wait, what did cags mean by “the tetrahedron”? Then? I thought that was supposed to be the object?? I am confused now…

2 Likes

I have no idea how to put them together. Maybe we should figure out a logic for why pieces would fit together?

2 Likes

Just created a new topic called Tetrahedron Assembly. Let’s discuss there.

3 Likes

@TheBellsAreRinging, we’ve been running with the theory that we’re making a sort of scale model of The Cagliostro’s giant Tetrahedron that figured in his spell he calls The Translation.

3 Likes

Oh alright, thank you Endri!

4 Likes