The Cabinet (General On/Off Topic Thread)

gigglesnort

2 Likes

So, Iā€™m curious about something. I was wondering who everyoneā€™s favorite TMP character is? So I made a strawpoll:

I also created another one asking what character you think deserves more love:

Iā€™m super curious to see who ends up being the top characters for each!

6 Likes

Umm, I want to know why ā€œBrendonā€ isnā€™t a choice? :wink:

8 Likes

Seconded!

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see these results. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve probably (probably?!) put too much thought into this, but when I saw @CJB reply I was reminded this was the out of character thread and my first gut reaction was ā€œOh, out of character. i should go change my answer.ā€

Upon reflection why I had that odd reaction. I think of some of these people very differently whether itā€™s from the perspective of characters in a story Iā€™m just watching, or pretend characters in the world Iā€™m a part of.

Am I oddly alone in that? There are characters I cannot stand when I consider them as real people wandering this world. But if I were an objective viewer on the outside (like a reader of a story) Iā€™d love to know more about and see stories about them.

Just my two cents anyway. It got me thinking.

8 Likes

A character is, at least to me, supposed to try to reflect as much as real life a as possible. Your reaction made Brendonā€™s response even more funny.

2 Likes

In character or not, I will always love Endri.

4 Likes

Yeah, I feel that way too, honestly, especially with the antagonists. Like, I would never want to meet someone like Teddy or King Rabbit in real life, but as fictional characters I find them fascinating. I want to know more about their histories and why they are the way they are.

Itā€™s kind of the reverse too in some instances. Like in-character Iā€™m far more interested in Lauren than Cags, but out of character I find both interesting.

7 Likes

For me Endriā€™s a great example of that reverse you mention. In character, when interacting with her on the forums I love Endri. I picture a little smile on her face when we call her ā€˜Captainā€™. ā€œLike the great Captain Janewayā€, as she once said. I cheer for her when she solves a technical problem without Bashā€™s help. Things like that.

In terms of a character in this story if I were reading it? I canā€™t say Endri would be anywhere near the top of interesting characters Iā€™d want to read about though.

I think itā€™s just the difference between playing a role playing game and pretending youā€™re in the world, and just reading a story about these characters. Thereā€™s a whole other level of appreciation (or detest) when you feel a personal interaction to the character.

8 Likes

So I guess Iā€™m a regular now.

9 Likes

:ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

YO! Thats so cool!

1 Like

So Iā€™m working on a craft thing and wanted some more opinions. Which one looks more Balimoran to you?

6 Likes

Those Godā€™s Eyes both look incredibly Balimoran.

2 Likes

Both are wonderful. I have a preference for the first myself.i

5 Likes

Iā€™m with Robert, both are great, and I like #1.

1 Like

Why didnā€™t I know this thread existed?

3 Likes

Wait really?

1 Like

Like both. I realise thatā€™s no help for decision making.

1 Like