The Cabinet (General On/Off Topic Thread)

I posted this on the Discord, but I really wanted to post it here as well, so @Deyavi and @Nomad would see it.

Can I just say that I was impressed to see that we have two Ebengaurdians now that genuinely act like Ebengards, Deyavi and Nomad. They both reacted to Augie exactly the way I would expect a warrior to. Especially Nomad, when he said he needed a strong drink for equally strong men and women, all I could see in my head was this.

12 Likes

That might be the sweetest thing anyone has ever said! :sob:

7 Likes

bows deeply to our warriors in residence
(normally, a Balimoran bows to no one)

7 Likes

Iā€™m normally not too big on taking praise. Or very good at it. But when you throw in Thor, I kind of have to accept it!

In the words of Rise Against, ā€œWe are who we are until the day we die, or til we donā€™t have the strength to go on.ā€

Thank you Leigha. It means a lot.

11 Likes

I agree with @Leigha. @Deyavi, @Nomad, the Guide definitely knew what it was doing when it put you in Ebenguard!

9 Likes

Quoting Rise Against?

I hadnā€™t realized we were best friends.

7 Likes

Not yet, but Iā€™ll definitely give them a listen :upside_down:

2 Likes

So random thought - has anyone heard of exquisite corpse before? Itā€™s a game where one person will contribute a bit of writing and a drawing, and then itā€™s passed off to another person who will contribute and so on until the story/drawing/etc is complete.

I wonder if some Mounties would be interested in doing that? weā€™ve got some really talented writers, itā€™d be cool to do something collaborative.

8 Likes

Iā€™m down.

4 Likes

Writing - sounds good!
Drawing - not so muchā€¦

4 Likes

Definitely interested

4 Likes

Awesome, Iā€™ll start a thread explaining the rules and stuff. I think the campfire might be a good section for it?

5 Likes

I agree. I think thatā€™s the best place for all fanart and fanfiction type material.

5 Likes

The thread is here! Exquisite Corpse - Collaborative Storytelling with the Mounties!

Let me know if anyone wants to start us off, or I can whip up a quick little starter. :grin:

4 Likes

I was also wondering if there was already a thread in Campfire for Mounties to share their unique story about how they found the Guide, and became Mountaineers?

8 Likes

I donā€™t think there is, but thatā€™s a really good idea!

4 Likes

Hereā€™s the link to that:
Finding the Way

5 Likes

@Deyavi, I love the idea of ā€œFinding The Wayā€ but since a lot of people are probably going to talk about ARGs and ads and things Iā€™m gonna move it to The Cabinet where itā€™s cool to be ā€œout-of-world.ā€

Itā€™s a great idea, thanks for creating it.

And @Revenir, LOVE Exquisite Corpse!

6 Likes

Darn, I should have elaborated that it was supposed to be a creative writing prompt.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was wanting to doā€¦ Iā€™ve been thinking about it at work all day

5 Likes