The Cabinet (General On/Off Topic Thread)

Oh wow :flushed: a lot more naked… flame than i expected

7 Likes

I wish my family’s religious celebrations looked that fun. I’m stuck with Roman-Catholicism’s adaptations of your celebrations. I’d rather be dancing than apologizing for the actions of my biblical ancestors.

6 Likes

I open up presents on Christmas morning and use christian holidays as an excuse to eat way to much mashed potatoes… That’s the most religious our celebrations get… My family is boring, who wants to trade?

3 Likes

Have you tried making religious idols out of the mashed potatoes before you eat them? I find that combines both worlds nicely.

Edit : Although this is easier if you worship a more shapeless, high starch diety…granted.

7 Likes

Beltane is the return of the sun and the reunion of God and Goddess, returning fertility to the earth. The reason for all the fire is that way back in the day they would send their cattle back out to the summer pastures between two bonfires for ceremonial protection. (And likely to smoke out some of the smell of cattle that had spent all winter in a barn :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

The potatoes dissapear way to fast to do that, I’m not sure how it happens. I fill my plate with potatoes and gravy, sit down, it vanishes. I do this 2-3 times and somehow I end up full. Its magiq i swear.

5 Likes

The potato gods have taken their tribute. All hail.

6 Likes

Seems like a real nice festival - the sentiment is cool (and practical haha)

3 Likes

Im Irish,
Potatoes ARE my idol

8 Likes

My friends used to make fun of me for bringing leftover baked potatoes to school as my lunch. Jokes on them, though, because they’re very practical for eating while dancing (very important skill for hungry drama kids)

8 Likes

#DramaKidsFistbumb

4 Likes

@OracleSage :punch:

4 Likes

Any computer science nerds willing to help me out? I’d like some advice for making efficient hash functions and/or collision resolution functions ;-;

2 Likes

Well as far as hash goes, just get some left over potatoes and whatever else you got lying around, fry that all up in some good ol’ butter. Bam. Hash. (Courtesy of the Potato god)

5 Likes

I… that’s not really… this was referring to… but…

Nevermind. I’ll try it.

3 Likes

Sometimes this forum makes me think I’ve accidentally joined a cult. Group marriage, potato gods, what next?

6 Likes

I dunno, my blood sacrifices haven’t caught on yet, so we might not be cult status yet.
#NotAllSangromancers
#EsAmorLoQueSangra

4 Likes

Here in the thornehouse I tend to sacrifice tomatoes. Does that count? I am sacrificing them to the Potato god?

5 Likes

The tomato and potato gods have been at war for millennia. It is a fitting sacrifice for the spud lord.

8 Likes

Well, from the rising popularity of the potato god here, I think the tomato gods really need to…KETCHUP

…ok I’ll leave now…

9 Likes