Tarot of 2021

Just a spot to share your tarot work of 2021 (if you feel comfortable enough to do so! For me personally it’s a private thing I only do for myself and I won’t share all my readings I do… just the ones I want to)

15 Likes

My twelve month spread for 2021! There’s a lot of court cards in this one!

15 Likes

Awesome thread idea! One of my projects for this year is creating my own codex of meanings for the different decks I have by doing daily draws for one deck each month. Here’s January thus far, with today’s card:

(Deck is the Star Seeker Tarot, by Nicky Ferrada)

12 Likes

My tarot deck tends to not like me, mostly because of lack of use.
Dislike is at least better than the hate I get from every dowsing pendulum.
Might sneak into this thread as encouragement to get my deck out more :hermanthumbs:

7 Likes

Hmmmm, maybe this thread will inspire me to work on my oracle deck a bit. Tarot and I haven’t had a great relationship because there’s just too much symbolism to remember and develop. I have many themes for my deck plotted out, but haven’t actually worked on images or creation. My plan is to collage/print & paste onto an existing deck I have to reduce waste and also keep it in a tarot-style size and feel

8 Likes

Card for the year.
Posted by @awitchalone on Instagram.

Sure enough, I got XIII. Here we go again!!

11 Likes

@Sapphire maybe your deck just needs a bath? I like to sit outside on a full moon and bath them that way…
@eternalhearts I always have my book there with me!!! If I’m doing a spread I try to make a story out of them but always refer back to the book!

8 Likes

I always have too, but that makes it “too hard” and I just stop bothering. :smiley:

6 Likes

My 2021 Card is VII The Chariot

Victory, overcoming obstacles, success, ambition, determination, willpower, control, self-discipline, hard work and focus.

General meaning and interpretation (Upright)
The Chariot Tarot represents overcoming obstacles through determination, focus and willpower. With this Major Arcana trump card in your tarot spread you will be feeling motivated, ambitious and in control. Now is a time to go for what you really want. The Chariot is not without its challenges, there may be many obstacles in your path but if you stay focused, keep your composure and are confident in your abilities, you will be successful! It can also represent travel (usually involving driving) as The Chariot is after all a mode of transport. The Chariot can also indicate that you may be acting defensively or aggressively to hide that you are feeling emotionally vulnerable. You may feel like you are in a battle at the moment. Don’t worry, if you maintain your focus, you will be successful! The Chariot is also an indicator of success in sports or competitions. The Chariot represents finding the balance between the heart and mind. Put any worries aside and maintain your focus

(from https://www.thetarotguide.com/)

9 Likes

Welp, looks like mine’s Death too. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

VIV - The Hermit.

The Hermit stands alone on the top of a mountain. The snow-capped range symbolises his spiritual mastery, growth and accomplishment. He has chosen this path of self-discovery and, as a result, has reached a heightened state of awareness.

In his right hand, he holds a lantern with a six-pointed star inside; it is the Seal of Solomon, a symbol of wisdom. As the Hermit walks his path, the lamp lights his way – but it only illuminates his next few steps rather than the full journey. He must step forward to see where to go next, knowing that not everything will be revealed at once. In his left hand, the side of the subconscious mind, the Hermit holds a long staff (a sign of his power and authority), which he uses to guide and balance him.

10 Likes

I just did my 2021 reading, looked up my year card, and a funny thing happened. I drew the 12 cards for the months, and it turned out the 13th card in the deck was my year card.

16 Likes

I was JUST thinking this morning that one of my 2021 goals was to become more familiar with tarot and practice with my cards more, so this is perfect!!

9 Likes

Wow, I love all of this. I don’t use my go to (oracle) deck anymore because one of my 2021 goals is to weed out my support for morally misaligned people/companies (vote with my wallet) but I’m always on the lookout for new and beautiful decks.

If I can find my prototype cards, maybe I’ll do a full spread of our Grand Arcana for 2021 and post until I can find a new deck.

14 Likes

So I don’t have a tarot deck…but last year I pledged to the kickstarter for the “Adventurer’s Tarot” by Weird Works (mostly because the art is GORGEOUS). It’s a tabletop gaming inspired oracle deck (it’s not really a tarot deck), so you can use it in games for like, deciding initiatives and stuff, but they do also give card meanings for personal readings. So there’s gonna be a little…figuring it out as I go…but I do want to start doing some personal readings this year. I might also 100% steal those journal ideas some of you all have shared…I’ve got plenty of notebooks to spare…

So…starting off I guess. I was looking for an intention for the year and I got The Undead, which they define as being the card of Rebirth (embracing change that you might be afraid of and starting something new) and Purge (releasing yourself from past trauma and reconnecting with your present self) and if those aren’t Whole 2021 Moods, I don’t know what is.

13 Likes

Hey I got those too, the 3 of Dragons is my favorite design out of the lot, mostly because dragons but that white really shines. I tried doing a reading with those and was slightly confused also a little hard to deal with considering i put the protective covers on them. So I switched to the deck I got in New Orleans a number of years back, so I did a full year reading and then just one card reading, pretty much the same ending, coming out with The Hermit and telling to break bad habits and ruts I’ve gotten into. So that was the intent this year anyways but got some back up forces telling me to do it too.

7 Likes

I’m definitely relying pretty heavily on the guidebook right now. I got the sleeves too, so I just parred the deck down to only include one of each duplicate card since there’s no accounting for the number in the guide anyway

8 Likes

I’m definitely still relying on my guidebook a lot too, but one of my goals for 2021 is to get to a place where I don’t need it! Doing one a day and doing a little bit of journaling with it is helping so far!

6 Likes

I felt the need to cleanse all my decks last night. So I put them all back into order and back into their storage. Tonight I’ll light some sage incense and hold them in the smoke.

6 Likes

I took @skylad s advice and washed my cards by moon light.
As I was shuffling my cards for a 12 month spread for the year, the Ace if Swords fell from my deck.
The tldr definition is Breakthroughs, new ideas, mental clarity, success.
I’m going to take this as my cards were grateful for the wash and future readings will be if not clear, at least not actively obscure and senseless.

There were a lot of higher arcanum cards in my draw for the year, the hanged man, world(inverted), the magician, the emperor (inverted), strength (inverted) and the lovers.
Some of them were very vocal and make sense, others I’m going to have to pick apart.

Was really nice picking up my cards again. Bit weird reading for myself, but I’m sure I’ll get over that. Thanks for the poke to do this :smiley:

10 Likes