Summer Update

That’s a good point…I was also having trouble coming up with any logic for picking an option, so the math works for me!

7 Likes

I briefly picked shriek myself, then changed my mind because snarling kind of spoke to me in that particular moment, but just barely (I’d honestly be good with either).

And from a numbers perspective (just because I felt like overthinking), from the Wheel of Fortune logic train, snarl has r, s, l, and n in it, missing only two of the letters they give you as freebies in the final puzzle. :catherineread:

11 Likes

Could the fact they were falling asleep at the time have any bearing? Snore would be logical in that particular case. Also it’s the one of those I prefer doing most xD

5 Likes

I picked snarl based solely on vibes, but the Wheel of Fortune angle definitely makes sense ^.^
Super excited to see what we get this time after the interesting rabbit hole of the first quote!

8 Likes

I picked “Snarl” because I can’t stand the sound of snoring or shrieking. Anybody married, around 40, and who has had young kids will understand.

12 Likes

I have some time to spend on the journal right now so let me know if Snarl (per the poll) is your final answer!

10 Likes

Do it!

7 Likes

Okay, snarl it is. I just wrote it below the choices and scratched out the others. I have a lot on my plate today, but I’ll check in later and let you know what I find!

11 Likes

It’s all gone, replaced with:

wlkycwseseyhaereofedvxavznwfzrzdxnwanjpacqutudrjkimlxterjpxzfhghkzcqatgumxkkwcnpfaidcrqxbonldreskviixvawytevjwslkmkipzlvbmxfaosgkjsxgvjfdketapxqkmqqmttjmcykkxxvblqdsqolplipbnraaedhqpdgihaerceetdkjxpsjoaevvryyoyizifrdhuvdrjsnvx

drxmt
14 Likes

Okay, assuming it needs to be flipped again…

tmxrd

xvnsjrdvuhdrfiziyoyyrvveaojspxjkdteecreahigdpqhdeaarnbpilploqsdqlbvxxkkycmjttmqqmkqxpatekdfjvgxsjkgsoafxmbvlzpikmklswjvetywavxiivkserdlnobxqrcdiafpncwkkxmugtaqczkhghfzxpjretxlmikjrdutuqcapjnawnxdzrzfwnzvaxvdefoereahyeseswcyklw

Edit: This is how far I’ve gone (why is it so much harder on computer than on paper?!)
codex2-1

I saw I missed a couple x=a spots, and am trying k=e instead of j=e to see if anything can come from that potential “no one” in there… :brandonthinking:

All these potential double letter spots are throwing me off right now!

11 Likes

Does it have to be flipped? It’s a bit odd to me to have r=r, so maybe this one is straight forward?

If it’s not flipped, d=s, r=n, x-a, m-r, and t-l
Upper case has been swapped, that was a brilliant idea from last time for the find and replace!

wlkycwseseyhaeNeofeSvAavznwfzNzSAnwanjpacquLuSNjkiRlALeNjpAzfhghkzcqaLguRAkkwcnpfaiScNqAbonlSNeskviiAvawyLevjwslkRkipzlvbRAfaosgkjsAgvjfSkeLapAqkRqqRLLjRcykkAAvblqSsqolplipbnNaaeShqpSgihaeNceeLSkjApsjoaevvNyyoyizifNShuvSNjsnvA
SNARL

Edit: I’ve got to go teach a class but I’ve got a lot of free periods today so I’ll work on it in a bit!

Edit edit, I love ciphers: k-E and l to i give us a nice “RIAL” up top, as well as a RAE. Not sure about the k-e though

9 Likes

I don’t want to derail anything, but wanted to bring up something I noticed. The cryptogram solver located at Cryptogram Solver (online tool) | Boxentriq could pretty easily solve the first one we received when I tried it just now.

However, the same auto solver can’t make heads or tails of this one forwards or backwards. Not sure if that means anything or we have to look for another method.

13 Likes

Oh that’s certainly a spanner in the works. I’m going to keep playing with it but it may be something we need to wait for more clues on. Had the lovely thought that it may not translate to something in English or the English we are familiar with if we’re dealing with a magimystical book. there’s also the chance of ‘filler’ letters just thrown in there to make it harder.

11 Likes

I’m wondering if it’s double-encoded…I tried running it through the solution set to the last quote and then putting it back in the cipher solver, but I haven’t gotten a good answer yet…there isn’t an export option (that i saw) from that solver so I just tried to type the output back in as an input in another tab, but i’m not convinced that I didn’t type mistype something when I was inputting it back. I was also starting with the assumption that it’s @Ashburn’s reversed text, since that was how it was last time and it would make sense for the selection word to be at the start of the text (to me).

If anyone wants to try and make more headway along this route, the original solution set was
given → decoded
a → y
b → x
c → v
d → l
e → b
f → m
g ->n
h → o
i → g
j ->r
k → p
l → s
m → z
n → w
o → h
p → i
q → j
r → c
s → k
t → d
u → f
v → u
w → q
x → t
y → e
z → a

11 Likes

Did a character substitution with @Tinker’s cipher. Got this:

Initial: qspevqkbkbeoybcbhmblutyuawqmacaltwqywriyvjfdflcrpgzstdbcritamonopavjydnfztppqvwimyglvcjtxhwslcbkpuggtuyqedburqkspzpgiasuxztmyhknprktnurmlpbdyitjpzjjzddrzveppttuxsjlkjhsisgixwcyyblojilngoybcvbbdlprtikrhybuuceehegagmclofulcrkwut

lctzd

Reversed:

dztcl

tuwkrclufolcmgageheecuubyhrkitrpldbbvcbyognlijolbyycwxigsishjkljsxuttppevzrddzjjzpjtiydbplmruntkrpnkhymtzxusaigpzpskqrubdeqyutggupkbclswhxtjcvlgymiwvqpptzfndyjvaponomatircbdtszgprclfdfjvyirwyqwtlacamqwauytulbmhbcbyoebkbkqvepsq

I still didn’t get anything out of it but someone else might

9 Likes

Good ideas! I’ll add them to my workbox.
I played around a bit more, and my pet theories right now are a) that you input SNARL then reverse it and go from there, or b) it’s SNORE instead of SNARL. I’ve got no proof for either of them but I’ll keep them around. I’m going to do a bit more before I call it a day so maybe divine inspiration will strike.

SNARL input then reversed
AvnsjNSvuhSNfiziyoyyNvveaojspAjkSLeecNeahigSpqhSeaaNnbpilploqsSqlbvAAkkycRjLLRqqRkqApaLekSfjvgAsjkgsoafARbvlzpikRklswjveLywavAiivkseNSlnobAqNcSiafpncwkkARugLaqczkhghfzApjNeLAlRikjNSuLuqcapjnawnASzNzfwnzvaAvSefoeNeahyeseswcyklw

SNORE input
wlkycwseseyhaeNeofeSvOavznwfzNzSOnwanjpacquEuSNjkiRlOEeNjpOzfhghkzcqaEguROkkwcnpfaiScNqObonlSNeskviiOvawyEevjwslkRkipzlvbROfaosgkjsOgvjfSkeEapOqkRqqREEjRcykkOOvblqSsqolplipbnNaaeShqpSgihaeNceeESkjOpsjoaevvNyyoyizifNShuvSNjsnvO
SNORE

One thing I’m trying to decide is if the double letters are two different words, the same word, or filler letters OTL

Edit: I’m just trying to brute force something right now. I feel like a zoo animal whose keepers found the right enrichment activity, to be honest.
Going off of it being SNARL and not reversed, then the l-i switch, that would give us i-T or i-O simply because of the words that have ‘rial’ in them. There’s an off chance it’s i-B.

8 Likes

Hey Mounties, I just found a new set of choices in the journal:

Choose:
Hourly, easing, or ashore.

10 Likes

Another? :eyes:

And the snarl scramble is still there?

9 Likes

Yep. :confused:

7 Likes

Y’all think Saberlane is trying to rush us for a reason?

• Hourly
  • Easing
  • Ashore

0 voters

8 Likes