SOLVED: Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: Polaroids

When put together, these pictures ^ give:

Walking twixt rise and fall from the spot on the lawn
I passed flaming hearts and strung stories.
A six legged king, pointed arms crossed defiantly, snapped at me.
I decided to pause. The wyvern laughed at my seeming error of judgment
But I had realised my destination was not the roundabout after all.

2 Likes

@Kelsey I moved this to its own topic so we could more easily discuss it now that the general Lachman topic is so long. Thanks for working this out.

2 Likes

Here’s them all put together

2 Likes

For a six legged king, all I could think was some kind of insect, A wyyern is a kind of dragon.
A roundabout is, well, this

Flaming hearts is interesting, though. It could refer the the sacred heart of Christ, a catholic symbol, Maybe he means passing churches?

1 Like

A Wyvern is a lesser cousin of the dragon with only two legs (basically a scary chicken). They’re compared to dogs in a lot of literature and are used in a lot of Royal crests. This leads me to believe that in the context of the polaroids that the Wyvern is a subordinate to the king.

but of course, i probably have no idea what I’m talking about

2 Likes

@Leigha Like maybe a Scarab?

Edit: There was a Scarab on one of the plaques. They were a pretty important symbol in Egyptian mythologies as well

2 Likes

Hahahaha, scary chicken, I like that. So he maybe would be like a guard dog? Good call on the scarab. Aside from being image on the plaque, they were worshiped in ancient Egypt and a symbol of royalty.
Jinx! owe me a coke!:laughing:

2 Likes

It looks like the devoted are removing things fromt he site once we solve them, but the poloroids are still on the site I notice. I guess that means we haven’t ‘solved’ this. Do we thinka ll we need to do is send in the words? That seems a bit too easy.

2 Likes

The lawn is Central Park and I suspect our six legged and not quite dragon friend have a relationship ship to either the museums or the statues there.

2 Likes

There is a Wyvern above the door of Belvedere Castle in Central Park. I’m looking for a scarab somewhere in central park now (six legged king). Of course we could be looking foe a monarch butterfly.

There is a butterfly conservatory in the nearby Museum of Natural History, that’s the closest I’ve been able to come up with.

6 Likes