SOLVED: Fragment Twelve: Spell Creation

Should we assign them each to a guild? Or hold off on them for now? Or let the guilds decide for themselves?

4 Likes

So, who would be able to do a live ritual?

And who would be willing to design a symbol or sigil to tie Marty and Whistler, and the adepts to our spell? Itā€™d have to be simple, in case they have to replicate it.

5 Likes

Must is such a mundane term. Nothing is a ā€˜mustā€™. ITā€™s more of a ā€˜proven practice that worksā€™. But creativity and imagination seem to always beat out rules.

7 Likes

Iā€™m of the same mind, Dey. I think we need to figure out:

A) What are we trying to do, specifically
B) Who are we trying to affect
C) What are the steps we need to take to make this happen
D) What are the risks and how can we minimize them

Iā€™m concerned if we dilute this into many different spells with many different intentions, we wonā€™t have the strength to do all of them. The strongest, most complex spells weā€™ve seen so far all had specific goals behind them, even if it took several steps to reach those goals. I feel like weā€™re safer off following in those footsteps, so to speak.

8 Likes

6 aspects, 6 guilds?

9 Likes

Maybe the spell can have six specific goals, to go along with the elements and guilds.

ā€œTo protect, to hide, to misdirect, to guide, to teach, to confideā€

Something like that

8 Likes

Iā€™m with @Revenir. Keep it simple (I canā€™t believe Iā€™m calling this simple). Focus on the core of what weā€™re trying to do with a specific goal.

6 Likes

We may have more success with focused teams carrying out different spells, like Iā€™d mentioned in the other, related thread.

3 Likes

If you give me a time and place, Iā€™m on board for a live ritual.

I mean, I could design a symbol to use as a sigil, but would maybe need more direction as to what we want it to look like.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to help design the sigil, since Iā€™ve done similar things in the past.

6 Likes

I think that depends on how weā€™d intend to carry it out. It may be more effective to do it as a live group, and not many folks would be able to participate at any given time, because weā€™re spread out.

Just one more decision to make.

I like @Mordiscasā€™ idea.

5 Likes

Please take my thoughts as thoughts, not guidelines. The ideas youā€™re all coming up with seem as good if not better than what weā€™ve done before.

9 Likes

If we had a ton of time to experiment I think we could put some great names to shame.

4 Likes

I just took a step back and re-considered this:

We could cast a spell that ā€œtargetsā€ all of the KS employees, via the screens Whistler mentions in his emails to Marty, distracting or otherwise clouding them.

Or, we could cast a spell on the two rescuers and 3-4 rescuees (Aether, Portencia, Climber +/- Kendrick, juryā€™s still out) to hide them from the KS employees.

These are basically the same thing, looked at from different prespectives. I recant my previous suggestions; we can probably just choose one.

8 Likes

My bad. Just trying to reiterate and get my head around it all.

4 Likes

Maybe we can design the sigil with Norse or alchemical runes

Edit:typo

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a fantastic idea. I see a few there that might work beautifully.

3 Likes

I think it would be very easy to use the connectivity of the computer systems to our advantage. Targeting their server with a distraction spell, forcing them to focus on their computers - for those that are near computers - may be a good idea.

5 Likes

Whistler said that thereā€™s a screen that when alerted everyone goes to and watch, could we make a video with the spell as a subliminal message?? Flash the spell to the workers every 4 seconds or so??

10 Likes

If you know how to do that, it might work. We can use different runes and symbolism for focus and distraction and protection in the video. Loop it for 10 minutes.

5 Likes