SOLVED: Fragment Ten: Gladitor : The Office of Kemetic Solutions

Me too. My Skype is very finicky and tends to not work when I really need it to.

4 Likes

including accounts like @The_Book_of_Briars and @Aether, we have exactly 100 registered users.

edit: there are about five times that many visitors. not sure if “calling it home” reps only registered users or anon visitors too.

7 Likes

Ok so, as of right now, we have:

Goss - Oracle
Eben - Hannah
Flint - Reve
Bali - ??
Weath - ??
Thorn - ??

Anyone else lurking that’s cool to make vessels? Also people who can witness this?

3 Likes

So with 100, we would need 8-10 people.
With 500, we would need 40-50 people.

3 Likes

I would assume registered users. So we need 8-10 witnesses.

5 Likes

If we need 10 - 12 witnesses, plus the 6 people participating, maybe it’s better to do Google Hangouts? Skype seems like it might explode with too many people on a call.

6 Likes

And we should record the hangout for anyone not here now.

5 Likes

Agh! Currently not at home, but depending on how long it takes to organise, you can book me in as a potential witness.

4 Likes

I’ve got a lot going on the next few days so won’t be able to help, but good luck everyone!

7 Likes

@Robert - Aw, well I hope things are going well for you!

Btw, is there anyone origami-savvy who woudn’t mind breaking down some of these steps? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m struggling with this origami… has anyone figured it out yet?

3 Likes

I can give it a whirl. I have been practicing a lot with origami butterflies (don’t ask, just something I am into right now). I also am not sure I will be able to do much more than that, unfortunately. Life is a little hectic right now

6 Likes

Yeah…
I’m confused too. I got steps one and two, but after that I’m lost.

3 Likes

It’s maddening!

4 Likes

I’m wondering if this is similar to what we need to do?

Btw @Brendon - did you ever figure out the secret to the butterflies? :joy:

5 Likes

okay. i missed out on calling the corners. (i was somewhere in the aether, probably sailing on a vessel)

4 Likes

I’m not home but while I’m waiting (and waiting and waiting) I’ve parsed the folding page (origami nerd here…)

1. Fold in the dotted lines to make creases and the unfold
  2. Fold so the four corners meet in the middle
  3. Fold to make three creases that are each 1/3 the width of the square and then unfold
  4. Open two of the folded corners from step 2.
  5. Fold in on the dotted line.
  6. Fold to make a crease and then unfold.
  7. Fold to make a crease and then unfold.
    8 Half fold the two sides so that they’re "vertical (should look like image 9)
  8. Fold and assemble into half a box.
  9. Make another, (steps 1-9) and nest together.
5 Likes

Any way I can’t help with this

2 Likes

Wanna be our Weatherwatch? We need a recruit to make an origami box, write a positive memory of the basecamp on it, and fill it with a weatherwatchy item. Then you’ll speak an incantation on Google hangouts, sometime in the near future.

4 Likes

I think I got one, I did it pretty quickly, so my folds are a little off and my square wasn’t a square but here we go:

Origami Butterflies pays off!! ;) And to answer your question @Revenir, my work into the shape of the butterflies hasn’t provided anything just yet, but I feel like I am close

4 Likes