SOLVED: Fragment Nine: Galifanx

Science doesn’t, and the clues made a point of that. But maybe that’s part of it?

3 Likes

I’ve missed a lot apparently. Very nice work everyone.

6 Likes

“Thanks for sharing the love. You’ve almost used all of your likes for today.”

Oh

5 Likes

So we have six holes, and I’m assuming that means six planets… each signs ruling planet?

5 Likes

Just for reference, so far confirmed:

• Thirteen volumes, the foundation of our universe until a revolution changed our position. - Almagest
  • At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here.
  • Because of the tenth there now are eight. When Xena fell, discord rose in her place. - Eris
  • What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?
  • Three ancient stones mark the midwinter’s sunset, their faces toward Corra Bheinn and the mountain of the sound. - Ballochroy
  • Borne from Ida to serve the wine, who waits in the celestial court between the whale and the eagle? - Aquarius

Any others (I don’t think so since we have two empty circles?)?

9 Likes

By sign I mean guild, and obviously need to go to bed

4 Likes

So what do we think for the two left -

At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here.

What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?

Meridian Courtyard or the Prime Meridian Line for the first maybe?

4 Likes

Is the “astronomer Royal observes from here” referring to the Flamsteed House ? First building constructed on the site and original home for the Astronomers Royal? (Astronomer Royals? plurals are hard)

4 Likes

By the way, @Robert, the top post needs updating when you get the opportunity

2 Likes

Prime Meridian is the latitudinal line dividing hemispheres I think.

2 Likes

This is what I was referencing - they call it the Meridian Line

3 Likes

Longitudinal, north and south. Greenwich is the prime meridian, where the time zones “start”.

3 Likes

What’s the address on the Shepherd Clock? 53 Leadenhill St. London? Leadenhill maybe?

3 Likes

I think we may be going about this wrong. The alchemical symbols match planets. The first, “changed our position” is obviously about Earth and our position in the universe. I think it may be in consecutive order.

3 Likes

“What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?”

Could be referring to the constellation Monoceros. It lies between Orion (the giant) and Hydra (A dragon??) I don’t know about the Titan though.

3 Likes

The Book bolded Prime Meridian so updated:

• Thirteen volumes, the foundation of our universe until a revolution changed our position. - Almagest
  • At the whim of the master clock, Shepherd Gate shows all time. And in the courtyard the Astronomer Royal observes from here. - Prime Meridian
  • Because of the tenth there now are eight. When Xena fell, discord rose in her place. - Eris
  • What sees what we cannot? A giant, a Titan, a dragon, and all great light combined?
  • Three ancient stones mark the midwinter’s sunset, their faces toward Corra Bheinn and the mountain of the sound. - Ballochroy
  • Borne from Ida to serve the wine, who waits in the celestial court between the whale and the eagle? - Aquarius
7 Likes

“What sees what we cannot?” Simply, a telescope, no?

3 Likes

That was my thought as well.

(14 more minutes until the like-storm resumes)

4 Likes

We’ve tried that but the Book hasn’t accepted it. So we think we’re looking for something else.

3 Likes

What were some old “telescopes”?

3 Likes