SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

Yeah, don’t ball up your tinfoil just yet. Maybe I can share some insight…

They’re the real deal. Not a puzzle from the book, but they do have a definite connection to the Mountaineers.

I’ve done a fair bit of digging this past year (as you might imagine a journalist would) and I’ve crossed paths with Go-Getters.
And so have you.

It’s all in Ascender’s last post to you folks. You Are The Mountaineers | Basecamp 33

8 Likes

Well dang, that’s where Augernon is? Is that who Aether is trying to reach?

4 Likes

B Sanvig must be Augernon and I think Aether wants us to reach him. I’ve tried calling in the past but since I didn’t know his name I couldn’t get past the gatekeeper, and inpatients aren’t allowed calls with people not on the registry. Maybe I take a drive down to Maryland to see my old friend, Mr. Sanvig?

7 Likes

Well pieced together.
What pretext will you go there under?

3 Likes

I’m an improvisor. Knowing Ascender got in increases my chances that it’s not just family who’re allowed. Not sure how it’ll play, but I’ve never minded a challenge. I’m in court tomorrow but can head down Wednesday morning. I wonder why Aether wants us to find Augernon.

6 Likes

Just wanna say, as a reporter and an ancient one at that, you start to get a sense of when you’re on the trail of something big. This feels like that.

8 Likes

I’m a newbie, so I’m not sure if this is helpful, but is it possible that the missing letters could spell out the password for the go-getters site? It might be a longshot, but I’m sure the missing letters mean something, if we could figure out what exactly they are.

e_rceli is as far as ive got, but it could be e_rcesi or e_rcepi, depending on the missing letter in “va e”
(I left a space for the missing letter in “her a”, bc there’s a lot of things it could be. I hope something in here is useful.

3 Likes

Perhaps he knew Climber from Mountaineer circles. Maybe Climber told him something that could be useful to locating her.

I’d ask him about her.

4 Likes

Wait, so Sanvig is both a Mountaineer and a Go-getter? Dual magimystical membership?

2 Likes

becuase, maybe augernon can help some how. he’s the only mountie we havent talked with that was “supposedly” around in '94. either way, it’ll be nice to hear from our previous ebenguard representative

5 Likes

Fair point. Any other questions, post them here and I’ll see how many I can get through. Problem is, according to Ascender, “There are times when he knows who I am, but he never remembers our history, who we were… What we did.”

5 Likes

More aptly, what will Aether need him to know/share?

4 Likes

I’m curious if Augernon knows about Sweeper/Watcher? If that was “the thing” that came for the '94 Mounties, then Augie might be the only one who’s encountered it and lived to tell the tale.

4 Likes

and could the letters be an anagram? I threw the letters we know (e?rcesi) into an anagram solver and got the following 7 letter words…
SERVICE SCRIEVE MERCIES RECIPES RECCIES PRECISE PIERCES PIECERS ESCRIBE GRECISE DEICERS DECRIES CIERGES GRIECES CEILERS ECURIES TIERCES RECITES SCRIENE CERISES CERESIN SINCERE CERITES

Is it worth trying to use any of these as passwords on the site? I’m a bit worried about us hitting their website with loads of incorrect password attempts - might look suspicious!

6 Likes

It looks like there is some kind of desk and that might be a computer or something on it but I’m not entirely sure if this helps much or not. Just something I found.

4 Likes

Also, we’ve checked that digital distortion at the edges for words already, right? Or not yet?

3 Likes

I’ve looked, and all I could find was the 117-2 mentioned earlier…but more eyes are welcome!

4 Likes

I’ve tried some different words…none correct so far. I can’t help but think this might be the answer though?

4 Likes

I’ve tried a couple as well.

I am looking at the photo… I think I see an "R’ in there in the top right portion. I’m going to play with the color a bit and watch the video again. May be nothing. I’m glad we’ve made a little progress, even though most of it happened while I was away :smirk:

117-2:
p rsonal
Her a
[ ] <------ blank space, where a third dot would be before climber.
Libra ies
Clo kwork
Gat s
Va e
Gu de
[ ] <------- blank space, where a third dot would be after Wanderer

3 Likes

Do we have any indication of whether “Va e” is Vale, Vase, or even (unlikely) Vape

3 Likes