SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

I started checking all of the websites that @Robert mentioned and putting the 759pm at the end, and this popped up when I looked at the basecamp33 page

7 Likes

The 18 gates are the original gates of Central Park in NYC. So Eastern.

4 Likes

Yer d :thornmouth: rn right! Thank you @Leigha!

4 Likes

And so now, we wait.

4 Likes

Well, thats quite literal, well done, I never would have tried that. Guess we play the waiting game now.

3 Likes

Oh, I thought that weā€™d been saying that from earlier, with how the time stamps of the emails seemed important, so I figured it might be worth a shot.

5 Likes

Tonight should be a busy night then, as hopefully weā€™ll hear back from Whistler after they get off work.

3 Likes

What a time to be alive. Good work, @Keegan!

3 Likes

Amazing work @Keegan!

Something else about Aetherā€™s emails has me thinking. I suspect he corralled the Oracular in Basecamp to help us obtain another fragment of Portencia.

If the Oracular contains, or will help us locate, another fragment, then in all likelihood our success will depend on which two of three options - Illumination, Hope, and Despair - we choose.

6 Likes

Well, gone for 10 minutes and you guys figure it out :joy: good job guys!

3 Likes

Loads has happened since I was last here! I wonā€™t be able to see it openā€¦stupid GMT time.Any ideas what we need to choose?

7 Likes

Not sure how this is all going to work but according to The Athenaeum weā€™re going to have to decide which two of the three choices weā€™ll ask for. Should we start with a poll and then discuss?

• Hope
  • Despair
  • Illumination

0 voters

6 Likes

I think thatā€™s the most sensible option.

2 Likes

I think Illumination is obvious, because of the all-seeing eye, its the symbol on the 7:59 post, however itā€™s closed for now. While I chose despair for the second choice because Iā€™d like to know what the ā€œconsā€ are so to speak knowing what to despair seems like it would be much more helpful than learning what to hope for.

7 Likes

I picked hope and despair. Let me see and understand both sides of the coin and illumination will take care of itself.

Edit: Maybe thatā€™s just the Balimora in me though.

10 Likes

Good idea, @Endri.

I choose Despair and Illumination.

Iā€™m thinking that Hope and Despair might correspond to a good news / bad news kind of thing, respectively. If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d rather have the bad news, so we know what we have to deal with in the future. Maybe itā€™ll even show us the Storm.

As for Illumination, it seems like the obvious second choice. If we see the Storm, or whatever it is thatā€™s going to be coming at us, I also want as much information as possible to allow us to deal with it.

13 Likes

I say illumination and despairā€¦we are supposed to be preparing for a storm of some sort so we need to know the bad. Once we know what the storm may possibly bring we can be better equipped to weather it and hope should follow.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any ā€œincorrectā€ way to choose. Even if your only reason for leaning a certain way is because your intuition is telling you to, I think your answer stands as much a change of being right as anyoneā€™s.

4 Likes

What a team we are!

I chose hope and illumination.

Lightvand knowledge are key. But I want to know what we have to look forward to, in the optimistic sense, because we know thereā€™s a storm too. I want us to know what we can look forward to if we ride it out.

8 Likes

No matter what we choose we will still have one we donā€™t know the answer to and will probably have to work out lol I love it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes