SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

I’ve been looking for references of cities with “18 gates” and found the following:

Constantinople (only 7 of the original 18 remain):

Nineveh (ancient Mesopotamian city, now located in Northern Iraq) referenced to have 18 gates at it’s height:

5 Likes

Found a reference to trust level three and a trust level four. Interesting…

2 Likes

There are two more trust levels above regular, leader and elder.

2 Likes

@Bash says those are test accounts created to check different parts of the forum under different member levels. And remember, Aether contacted us here before the experient/leaving his body. This might not be the hidden place we’re looking for.

6 Likes

Guys, Central Park has 18 gates! And Aether told us Sully knew the center, its also “close to home” where this all started.

21 Likes

Great find, @Nighteater!

3 Likes

Dude, that’s positively brilliant!

2 Likes

Wow that’s a good turn! Well found.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Thats the page I found. Sunset in NYC is 8 PM EST

6 Likes

So the clue is 'when the sun sets over the 18 gate’s.

That would be 7:59 pm. Tonight

Dang it beaten to it!

6 Likes

A link to the gates locations and names
http://veloso.org/gates.html
And an interesting article on their history
http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2955

5 Likes

The miners gate is on 79th street, which is the same street that the belvedere castle is on. The castle is listed as the best place to watch a sunset.

3 Likes

Do we need to send someone out to the gates, then? Maybe Cole can help us out by going there tonight?

2 Likes

@Mr.Fern it sounds like a good idea

2 Likes

If we’re going with the possibility that SG might have possessed the original spell scroll then he might have hidden it in Central Park, being that he did live there and all.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, Aether is stuck in cyberspace, its far more likely that we are looking for a webpage here on the forums.

7 Likes

Has anyone checked the mountainside yet??

2 Likes

Okay, so we’re looking for a website that we’ll need to be watching at 7:59 when the sun sets over the “18 gates”. Do we have any leads on what the website might be?

4 Likes

I have checked the Mountainside, there is nothing there

2 Likes