SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

Remember Deyavi, the best takedown is one that nobody ever sees coming. Let your blood run hot while you can, so that we can make our moves with a cool head.

Teddy is the weak link though. Of that I’m certain. He’s sympathetic to adepts, but he’s trusted enough to not be getting mind wiped. His reports don’t seem detached enough for him to be getting the same treatment the rest are.

9 Likes

He’s probably got a hand in deciding who gets wiped. That rat.

I have this perfectly clear image in my mind of what sitting in The Chair looks like. It’s not going anywhere.

5 Likes

I get why it’s dangerous to sit in like with the idea of being hooked up to wires…but if just staying in the same room can be dangerous too why?

2 Likes

It may be a Magiqal object. Or put off a lot of radiation.

6 Likes

I wonder why the Whistler has that memory of Aether (most likely the boy he’s talking about.) walking away from him and not being able to catch up. Was he more involved with Aether than Portencia? Or is something else there?

5 Likes

Why can’t he catch the boy? Is he really seeing the boy or is the not leading him out?

My conspiracy theorist side also wants to entertain the thought that the “good boy” isn’t actually good but is instead manipulating everyone, including us, to do his bidding and open the book.

4 Likes

If Sweeper and Wanderer are successful to a degree I wonder if there are any projects that have been deemed a failuar that we can use as a backdoor in cause if it’s been shelved it wouldn’t be monitored

6 Likes

Given that Aether left his body a while ago and it is safe to assume Whistler was involved with his program… and I suspect that Aether was the one who led Whistler to us. He may have been able to sense a weak link in Whistler.

Perhaps he’s our “help.” God forbid he is our “hinder.”

7 Likes

Whistler is a security engineer who is studying machine learning. I highly suspect that he’s involved with Aether’s program, especially now. Especially if Teddy suspects even slightly what Aether has been up to.

I want to know what Whistler’s project is.

6 Likes

I just tried to add whistler to the end of the kemetic.solutions site but there’s nothing.

2 Likes

I think he’s calling himself Whistler, because he is technically a Whistleblower.

But checking the KS site for potential new pages ain’t a bad idea at all.

7 Likes

If Whistler made contact with Portencia at some point it’s possible they have a fragment of her mind.

9 Likes

I like the way you think. Could be Aether’s way of leading us to the next piece of the puzzle

2 Likes

Guys, everyone, Aether just emailed me. Here is a screenshot.

6 Likes

Aether has reached out. At exactly 10:00pm EDT I received an email.

"Have the oracular

driven the eye of the sun to you"

Everyone should check their email. He appears to be emailing fragments of a literary work, perhaps a poem.

6 Likes

I also received an email. Titled 1002pm:

Find the closed eye
It’s close to home
At the moment the sun sets over the 18 Gates.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Based on the times, we have:

Have found the oracular
Driven the eye of the sun to you
Am getting lost
More and more
Hard to surface
Find the closed eye
It’s close to home
At the moment the sun sets over the 18 Gates.
??
Choose well
Another piece inside
More soon

Missing 1003pm I believe

7 Likes

It sounds to me like he’s working to get us the next piece of the puzzle, and he’s losing himself in the process. We have some more sleuthing to do.

4 Likes

Whistler has to be the eye of the sun. I can’t picture any other that aether would have “Driven” to us.

4 Likes