SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

And they rule from a palace made of doors… hence all the knocking last week?

4 Likes

That means this storm might be coming for us…is it KS?

2 Likes

Ave, Augie. Ave.

4 Likes

My blood just went cold. Twelve.
A palace made of doors. They’re trying to find a door right now. They want to hold all the keys.
What role does the book play in this? why is it so important if it’s not the keeper of knowledge but a harvester of knowledge.
I just became very confused.

7 Likes

And on another note…poor Augie. He was brave.

5 Likes

And then they were decimated. I’m so full of rage right now. I have this feeling sitting at the back of my neck.

We have to finish this. Augie is right. Someone wants us to open the book, and now… we have to. He sacrificed himself to make this possible. Will opening the book make everything right? I don’t know. Who is the hinder, though, and who is the help?

It wasn’t your fault, Marty. This is amazing information. Pour yourself a stiff one.

9 Likes

If it is a harvester of knowledge then who knows what all it’s harvested…

3 Likes

We have to stop this Storm, and stop whatever went after all those people. Finish what the others started.

4 Likes

Would it be helpful to anyone else to have the transcript all in one post?

5 Likes

Poor Augie :cry: so now what?

2 Likes

Mind blown. So Augie thinks we’re casting something with the book. Maybe it’s less a harvester, and more, I don’t know… a cauldron? We’ve been putting knowledge, goodwill, and magic into it for the past nine months. It might still tell us the truth, but we’re the ones making it happen (with the help of “whoever it is that wants us to open the book.”)

8 Likes

“Hide from hinder, you’re too weak right now to fight, but follow help with all your might.” That’s the part that I keep getting drawn to.

Help and hinder…that’s two…a fork in the road of sorts.

And you can’t stop a storm…just weather it really.

4 Likes

Exceptional work @Marty.60

Don’t answer any knocks on your door til you’re sure who it is. Any of us, in fact.

I’m off to sleep on this lot.

7 Likes

DropBox link of the full transcript

3 Likes

Could the 18 gates be 18 fragments? Just a passing thought.

Also, if the book absorbs knowledge, I believe having fellow mountaineers like us around are doing it nothing but good. Knowledge is usually gathered for a purpose, and I can assume that the knowledge it has gathered from us will be put to use. The very fact that Augie and the 94 Mounties were stopped, and those before them as well, means that we ARE on the right track. Stopping an enemy from gaining power is a key point of strategy.

More to the point though, I refuse to ever make another mountaineer stand alone.

10 Likes

Could this mean the 18 Gates we’re supposed to find?

3 Likes

The Storm came for the originals at 12. We are at 11 right now…

3 Likes

The “storm” could reference the sudden surge of magiq energy that will be put back into the world when we open the book

6 Likes

If that’s the case then why does mentioning of the storm read like it’s a bad thing?

2 Likes

I don’t think this is going to turn into another Sinsar Dubh situation. If Augie is correct that the Book is learning from us, then it’s learning about persistence, about connection, ingenuity, and protective compassion for humanity.

Is the implication here that KS is possibly a tool of another, greater threat? Or is Kemetic Solutions, I don’t know, something more ugly than we first thought? I thought at first that we were dealing with a very human, power-hungry group. But if their reach is this far, and they know so much, and they’re “ruling this world” as if they’re beyond it…

I disagree that you can’t stop a Storm, only weather it. With shields, with tides, the laws of nature… you can turn a Storm in on itself.

10 Likes