SOLVED: Fragment Eight: MAGIQ! (Calling The Corners)

I love emojis and those fit perfect with our elements. Awesome.

5 Likes

I live for emoji.

3 Likes

:poultry_leg::two:

(Meat Two aka Me Too)

3 Likes

So now we pretty much just need Deirdre on board so we can do some magick and help her unlock the magic she has been missing, if she wants.

Maybe time for @CRSumner to tell her about all this and us?

2 Likes

I am also Balimora, but I can fill in if we don’t have someone from each guild. I have been assessed by the guide twice and got Thornmouth the second time. But I feel as though we may be best served getting a true Thornmouth if we can

3 Likes

I still think we should have the hex set up before he talks to her. (Edit: I’m also a Balimoran. We need more people in other guilds!)

This shouldn’t take long. We need 6 people (ideally one in each guild but we can do without if necessary)

Each needs to pick an element

Each needs to have an item of personal significance for that element.

We need to list our locations and arrange us in an order so each one ‘faces’ the next.

Gathering the items is the longest part. But we could probably do this tonight.

3 Likes

How do we set up the hex?

We could also let her know everything, let her get caught up and adjusted (this is a big pill to swallow), and in the mean time work out how the heck we make the hex?

EDIT: maybe we already know how to kind of make the hex (or at least how it could look)?

4 Likes

So far we have

@Kelsey Balimora
@Brendon Balimora
@Chordie Thornmouth
@Megadraco Ebenguard
@Crytter
@Robert Balimora

who have been active in the last hour. We could do this with them.

4 Likes

I’m already looking for something. Of course, it doesn’t help that, beyond “Tide” and “personal significance”, I barely know what I’m looking for. Are we looking for something more physically related to the element, like, say, a seashell? Or something more metaphorical?

3 Likes

Well it’s "The Tides’ if that helps. I’d imagine anything shaped by water, from the ocean or the like might work.

I’m not an expert here, but this magic seems to work on thought and intention and making connections between seemingly unconnected things. As long as it’s significant to you, and you can honestly say you believe it fits the element I think it would work.

4 Likes

Agreed @Robert, I think even if you have a bottle or container of some kind that’s personal, you can put water in it (maybe salt water?), shake it up while reading the phrase for Tide and… The Tides? I think we just have to be sure we can keep the objects handy until DG has completed her side of the spell, to make sure she’s safe.

Maybe take a photo too so we can all see the objects and send out positive vibes. (I’ve gone from believing in magic theoretically to telling everyone to send positive energy to photographs.)

6 Likes

Just a suggestion. Feel free to volunteer to help, or suggest something else. We can make this work.

@Brendon Weatherwatch: Light

faces

@Crytter Gossmere: Aether

faces

@Robert Flinterforge: Ore

faces

@Megadraco Ebenguard: The Tides

faces

@Chordie Thornmouth: Thought

faces

@Kelsey Balimora: The Wild

faces @Brendon

3 Likes

We may have to figure out where people are, so our shape is somewhat hexagonal, no? Or do you think that doesn’t matter? Like I am in BC, Canada.

5 Likes

The only two containers I have that mean much to me would melt or fall apart if I filled them with water…

However, it got me thinking about “the tide of time”, so I looked into it. Apparently, the term “Tide” doesn’t only mean the tides of the sea, but it was also used, originally, as a synonym of “time”. Furthermore, apparently in German, the word for the tides of the sea (Gezeiten) is based on the root “Zeit”, time.

I have a wristwatch that was a gift from my mom when I graduated high school. That might work.

Also, I’m in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

6 Likes

Woah, that is some awesome thinking. I like it

3 Likes

That’s a great choice, @Megadraco. :ocean:

5 Likes

I’m going to guess the shape doesn’t have to be a regular hexagon, but it can’t hurt.

Also it got me thinking. ‘facing’ the next person might just mean focusing on them, or their object.

But hey, locations can’t hurt. I’m in Akron, Pennsylvania in the US.

4 Likes

Ugh. Nannying all day and I’m missing so much. I’m a Flinterforge in LA so if @Robert needs a punch hitter let me know.

4 Likes

I’d rather it be a guildie to match so you can have Ore!

Edit: I’ll float in case anyone else can’t do it.

4 Likes

Oh, probably doesn’t have to be a regular hexagon, it may even be able to have concave angles, but I still think it’s probably best if the figure’s borders don’t cross over each other. I have a feeling that might be… Bad.

4 Likes