Secret Future 2020 Project Poll

Surprise! We’re planning on spending 2020 crowdsourcing a players’ handbook for a Magiqverse roleplaying game that would be free for everyone. We’re going to need help creating everything from classes to skills, to spells, to rules, and we’d love for the community (with our guidance) to offer input and help us shape this together! So without further ado, a few questions to get the ball rolling:

Do you have experience with tabletop and/or roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you have experience designing tabletop and/or online roleplaying games?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you be interested in a Magiqverse-centric tabletop/roleplaying game?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you answered yes to any of the above, may we reach out to you in the future about the development of a Magiqverse-related rpg?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

15 Likes

Exciting!

11 Likes

very exciting. I would definately be happy to see this turned into a form of Dungeons and Dragons! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Argh! Can I undo/change my vote on the last question?
Cold fingers and stupid multi-touch mouse-pads are not helpful for clicking the right thing.

9 Likes

If you hit “hide results”, it’ll let you click on something else. :laurensmile:

9 Likes

Awesome. Thank you!

9 Likes

I’d love this! Pay no attention to the games/books that sit unused but still loved in my closet.

14 Likes

I would strongly recommend you and CJ look into the cypher system by Monte Cook Games, it would fit very well with the Magiqverse

8 Likes

There’s already content to work with. The question is how to implement it?
Will it be a tabletop type set of game, say for example “tabletop simulator” or “roll20” or other? This wont be a simple feat, but I cant wait to see it happen!

6 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, @Nighteater, I’m checking it out now. And @Aeryce, this will indeed be a separate tabletop rpg that you can play with others, either in person, online, or via tabletop simulators like Roll20!

10 Likes

let me know when it has finished please!

6 Likes

I am positively vibrating at the prospect of this.
I’ve recently finally gotten into TTRPGs for real (running my first monster of the week campaign very soon) and I’d love to run a magiqverse session

7 Likes

Most of my experience has been with online text-based RPGs, specifically MUSH/MUD running White Wolf games. It isn’t quite the same as tabletop, but it is pretty close, and more narratively based. That said, in terms of playing and interest, I’ve been all over different RPGs for ages: Unseen Armies, In Nomine, and I think I even have an early edition of Witch+Craft in my files somewhere.

8 Likes

Oh another MUSHer! it’s a cool format I wish was still popular :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It’s still out there. A lot of the old MUSHes are still around, in various forms and formats. They’re one of those persistent subcultures that I don’t think will ever completely go away, like USENET. (Okay, that dates me …)

7 Likes

Has anyone started making this yet?

1 Like