Physical & Wellness Support Pod – Nepenthe

I can’t answer for CJ, but I really loved it back when I was using it! I don’t use it anymore now that I’m living at home because my dogs and cat all hate it when I raise the ring over my head during exercises lol. My parents really liked it too, and they are not the exercise type.

8 Likes

I’m really liking it so far! I’ve used it fourteen days in a row so far, which is saying something.

10 Likes

I fell off the Hero’s Journey after doing almost one rep of day 5 (no jumping lunges for me :no_good_woman:).

I have started using my pedaling thing and finished an old fill-in puzzle book doing at least five puzzles at a time. Will probably switch to reading several chapters of those four library books I haven’t started yet to get through those.

10 Likes

i’ve been doing workouts from the Blogilates YouTube channel for some time now, but ive just become strong enough that i can follow the daily workout calendar she makes for her followers. so i do 3-4 workout videos a day now and i’m really proud of myself. i still look no different than when i started, but i’m functionally much stronger than before.

8 Likes

My ballroom coaches are doing once-weekly livestreams for our team, and since they’re going out to all levels, they’re more exercise-based than actual dance routines, and I’m really liking them so far. Plus, they get archived so I can go back and rewatch previous weeks and re-do them! A little silver lining to the whole no more in-person dance for the foreseeable future…

12 Likes

An update: the longer routines turn out to be doable, but brutal. Sunday is abs, and the routine was 3 videos. 10 minutes of abs/ cardio, then a 20 minute obliques video and a 20 minutes abs video. I can do them, but I’m absolutely worn out by the end. these are testing my endurance more than I thought.

9 Likes

Hero’s Journey Update - I’d fallen behind for a while. My wife wanted to do the exercises together, but it was too hectic when I got home from work in the afternoon, with the kids, trying to get dinner together, etc. We’ve started getting up early (which, if you knew my wife, you’d realize what an epic feat in of itself that is) and we’re back on three mornings a week. It’s been going well!

10 Likes

I’m on day 21, just over a third of the way. I’ve had to let up on the ones that require push-ups because it hurts my shoulders. I also switched from heavy sword to the ribbon.

8 Likes

I fell off the regular train a couple days ago because of, well, reasons. There are a surprising amount of things that can and need to be done during quarantine, so I haven’t been up to it most days. Additionally, my fiancee starting hurting during workouts beyond just soreness, so she’s decided to drop it for now, especially since access to medical professionals is limited - she doesn’t want to accidentally hurt herself and require a hospital visit! I’m hoping after Wednesday, when the first draft of my thesis is due, that I’ll be able to get back into things!

On an exciting note, though I did take out all of the dragons on Day 15! I definitely hurt the next day, but it was still an exciting thing that I was able to do all 10 reps. I’m going to be resuming at Day 17 when I pick back up.

10 Likes

My main gripe with the Hero’s Journey so far is just the negativity it sometimes connects to the level 1 exercises. As someone who has never done regular exercise until now and is terribly scrawny, I can’t physically manage more than that at the moment but some of the “karma” results try to punish you for that. I’m really supposed to skip dinner just because I can’t do 200 jump squats in one go? I’m 21 and weigh 118 lbs I look like a pogo stick.

10 Likes

On day 9?! What the heck are they on?

Also, skipping meals after trying to over exert yourself like that is a recipe for disaster.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly what I thought! There are multiple that tell you to skip dinner for not being able to do more.

7 Likes

Skipping meals is an incredibly stupid mechanic. Not just from a physical perspective but from a psychological one. You could start to associate food as a privilege to be earned instead of a basic need, fuel for your body, that you deserve no matter what you’ve done. That’s the kind of thing that sticks out as a red flag for me for some workout programs.

11 Likes

Yeah I definitely won’t be acknowledging that kind of thing.

9 Likes

Well, new goal: Help my Quidditch racery team win our 10 day virtual relay race! First week and a half of May, each person can do a maximum of 15 miles per day (I’ve pledged to do at least 5 each day).

My team’s logo is kind of the best. :spiritseergimme:
20200423_235613

11 Likes

I’ve been sitting on the Hero’s Journey thing for a while, wanting to do it but finding it pretty intimidating…so I browsed through their other 30-day challenges and picked a few that I felt more comfortable with. And I just started my first one today! I hope everyone’s who’s doing the full journey is having fun and getting a lot out of it!

11 Likes

I did it! After about 10 weeks, I’ve reached my goal of losing the last 10 out of 30 lbs since New Year’s! There was a little hiccup involving a General Tsao’s lunch combo in there, but with fastidious logging and largely sticking to a reasonable 1900 calorie a day budget, I made it!

12 Likes

Huzzah!! Sticking with things is hard, so you’re pretty awesome for doing so!

7 Likes

We’re back!!!

10 Likes

Congrats!!!

(time to get back on the wagon more than just yoga)

7 Likes