Out-of-Magiqverse Familiars: Post Your Pet!

Okay I couldn’t resist

Sasha, half Husky, half Chupacabra

And Maybelle, the cow cat with a Monroe beauty spot

Cuddle monsters

25 Likes

Awww they’re both so cute!!!

2 Likes

This here is the Sokka-dog! We adopted him three years ago. He’s a delightful, loving goofball and his favorite thing in the universe is snuggling, specifically snuggling between both his humans.

He will do this when he thinks it’s time for us all to go to bed. It’s devastatingly adorable.

And this here is notoriously un-photogenic Iroh, (Tiny) Dragon of the (Pacific North)West, also known as Grumpface.

Sometimes he decides to become one with my braid.

29 Likes

I love Iroh! He doesn’t seem to be too un-photogenic.

3 Likes

lol when other people have the camera he’s great…I’ve only just managed to get a picture of him sleeping (which is very cute!) Usually he wakes up and buries himself.

4 Likes

Time for me to go on a liking spree, because this forum melts my heart :two_hearts:

While I do that, please enjoy my precious goof Calliope ( my family just calls her Callie ).

17 Likes

Sometimes she’s the most photogenic little lady.

And sometimes she’s a straight goober.

29 Likes

She has the happiest widdle puppy face!!! Dog smiles are the best!

4 Likes

This little cutie here is my precious Russian Blue, Mir. She’s just over two years old and is without a doubt the friendliest cat I have ever met, and I’m not just saying that because she’s mine.

She can be a little shy if she doesn’t know you, but after a small while, she’ll warm up to just about anybody, which means lots of nuzzles and naps on your lap or chest. She is also super gentle, and has only ever scratched me once, and even that was accidental. Her hobbies include sneaking into my bed while I’m sleeping, playing fetch with rubber bands and interrupting me when I’m working on stuff by sitting on my keyboard.

Getting her was easily the best choice my family has made in a long time.

25 Likes

I’m watching Starship Troopers, and poor Cassie is Not Happy. The explosions startle her, and she’s scared of the sounds the aliens make. She keeps running around the house and barking because Everyone Must Know that there are scary sounds in the house even though it’s 3 am and they’re almost definitely asleep.

There is dialogue right now so she is napping, but she’ll probably be woken up by the next battle.

22 Likes

aww she looks so soft and sweet! someone needs to explain to her that there’s nothing to bark about!

6 Likes

Oh man I thought this was a photo of my parents’ dog as a puppy for a second???
I was thoroughly creeped out haha!

Cassie, meet your twin, Fons

19 Likes

I’ve been training marvellous Marv!

26 Likes

He looks SO. MUCH. Like my schnitzel did as a puppy!! Is he a shitzu mix?

3 Likes

He’s a pure Shih Tzu I believe

4 Likes

MARV! WE LOVE YOU MARV!

5 Likes

Fons! :cjheart: do you know what breed he is? Goodness the resemblance is uncanny.

3 Likes

Well, he is a rescue. We adopted him from a Spanish shelter.(Unplanned, my parents were planning on adopting one from a local shelter but came across this and this photo on a facebook page and immediately messaged the shelter!) He was found on a farm with his brothers and sisters, probably dumped there.

So they can’t say for sure what the breed is, my parents claim Spanish mastiff , but I think he has some other breeds mixed in, probably. He’s as large as a mastiff though! Weighs about 180 pounds, only my dad and I can manage to walk him lol.

What’s Cassie? :smiley:

9 Likes

She’s a Great Dane/Great Pyrenees cross. Also called “Great Pyredane”. It’s considered a designer breed and the combination is meant to make a sociable, friendly giant dog, but without the territorial instincts. It didn’t seem to work out as planned. She is very protective of us.
Cassie is also a rescue. Her original family had a baby and didn’t think they could care for a child and a dog. I suspect she wasn’t treated right while she was with them. For the first month or two we had her, she would flinch if we tried to touch her and cower if we threw things.

6 Likes

What a wonderful cross! They really do look alike, oddly enough. The photo doesn’t really show off how big she is, but I assume she’s pretty huge as well?
Sad to hear her previous owners might have mistreated her. A bit sad when people don’t ‘plan’ all that much when it comes to adopting dogs. They definitely need just as much love and attention as children, especially when they’re young. I bet she has a great new home now though :heart:

3 Likes