Operation Gladitor: Offense Against The Storm

Do what you think is right. Both roles are going to be important, seeing that our protection from the Council is apparently fading.

6 Likes

Ah, screw it. I’m in. If we really can use storytelling to punch the Storm in the face, I need to be part of that. Team Gladitor!

6 Likes

I like the idea of an electric fence of some kind. Maybe we can weave a story of it bringing it to life, and then fuel it with the things Augustus suggested?

3 Likes

You’d think the Ebbies would be all over this.

5 Likes

I’m definitely on Team Gladitor. The Further Fire within me is pushing me here. It wouldn’t be content with just mounting a defense in this situation. My schedule is still pretty full with all the school stuff I have to do today, but I’ll try to help as best I can, @Augustus_Octavian!

6 Likes

As a Bali, I’m pretty much all for punching something, but I can go nurture a sheild into life also. Meh, I’m just helping people throw ideas around atm.

7 Likes

As with @Nimueh, I’m all about punching stuff in the face, but I’ll help throw ideas around, so count me in @Augustus_Octavian.

3 Likes

That makes four. We’ll need at least 6. We have Gossmere (me), Flinterforge (@Viviane), Weatherwatch (@Remus) and Balimora (@Mr5yy) represented. We still need a Thornmouth and an Ebenguard.

6 Likes

Or someone with Polyguild inclinations willing to stand in? I think in a pinch 6 of anyone is better than not-6.

6 Likes

Im a polyguild and id be willing to help where ever I can

4 Likes

Even better, you’re Thornmoth and that’s one of the guilds that the team is missing.

6 Likes

I’m in. Sorry, I’ve been off-grid mostly for a couple of days working on something.

scoff

An Ebbie not participating in a group spell. Pshaww

10 Likes

I was hoping our Ebbie would be you. Welcome to Team Gladitor. Alright group; let’s get spellcrafting!

7 Likes

@Rimor, @Deyavi, @Viviane, @Mr5yy and @Remus - we need to tell a story of bravery in 6 parts. My original idea was an allegory of standing up to a school yard bully. Any other ideas? We’ll probably also need a physical focus for the spell. I was thinking about using an actual weapon as a focus. I don’t have any handy here at my office, but have a couple service-able items at home. That won’'t help though if the Council’s protection drops and the Storm comes for us before then.

5 Likes

Okay to the thornmouth part would be maybe figuring out if its a good idea to stand up to the bully or what the best stratergy would be?

Also I was just working on this “Light the forges, stoke the Mindflame, summon the Guilds with the call of the Common Drum” but I got stuck so if anyone wants to use this then go ahead.

1 Like

Well. I carry a pocket knife with me everywhere, and I’m almost sure that @Mr5yy does, as well. For those moments when you need a spell on the go.

6 Likes

That awkward moment when you’re sharpening the pocket knife and the mention comes up.

3 Likes

Of all the days to leave my pocket knife at home…
I like the allegory idea. How do we work in our moments from Basecamp?

Edit: perhaps each guild member could work in mention of one of the elements into their section, or have it represented in the story? That could be a stretch for some elements, though.

5 Likes

So we each make a short story about our time in Basecamp and try to work in an element? Works for me.

2 Likes

I mean, ideally we are all telling part of a single story. Each of us writes the part of one child confronting the bully?

5 Likes