Operation Deeds Rescue

“I dreamed a dream of angels. I saw them and heard them in a great and endless galactic night. I saw the lights that were these angels, flying here and there, in streaks of irresistible brilliance . . . I felt love around me in this vast and seamless realm of sound and light . . . And something akin to sadness swept me up and mingled my very essence with the voices who sang, because the voices were singing of me.”

–Anne Rice, Of Love and Evil

Weatherwatch Quote

10 Likes

I’m working on Bali.

3 Likes

“Isn’t it odd how much fatter a book gets when you’ve read it several times?” Mo had said…“As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells…and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower…both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

My attempt at a quote for Thornie’s?

8 Likes

"We be Light, We be Life, We be Fire.
We sing electric flame.

Come Be We and Be Free
We Be Blue Electric Angels"

• A madness of angels - Kate Griffin
9 Likes

“A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether.” - Roy H. Williams

Thorn

10 Likes

NOW this is the Law of the Jungle — as old and as true as the sky; And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

• Bali
13 Likes

Ok, we’ve done it now. Keep the quotes in your hearts friends.

5 Likes

Also if anyone wants to add quotes, I think it cant hurt.

5 Likes

“But here in the special night, a land bricked with paper and leather, anything might happen, always did. Listen! and you heard ten thousand people screaming so high only dogs feathered their ears. A million folk ran toting cannons, sharpening guillotines; Chinese, four abreast, marched on forever. Invisible, silent, yes, but Jim and Will had the gift of ears and noses as well as the gift of tongues. This was a factory of spices from far countries. Here alien deserts slumbered. Up front was the desk where the nice old lady, Miss Watriss, purple-stamped your books, but down off away were Tibet and Antarctica, the Congo. There went Miss Wills, the other librarian, through Outer Mongolia, calmly toting fragments of Peiping and Yokohama and the Celebes. Way down the third book corridor, an oldish man whispered his broom along in the dark, mounding the fallen…” Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

Thornmouth?

Edit: Just caught up after a crazy first week of school and realized this was probably unnecessary but still a good quote! Sorry folks!

7 Likes

Also one of my favorite books/quotes

3 Likes

“Forget the fear, it’s just the crutch that tries to hold you back and turn your dreams to dust. All you need to do is trust”

4 Likes

So I am totally late on this one but I wanted to share a quote that reminds me of Gossmere

“He stood among a crowd at Drumahair; his heart all hung upon a silken dress, and he had known at last some tenderness”
It’s a quote from W.B. Yeats poem The Man Who Dreamed of Faeryland, which is a personal favorite.

(I actually plan on incorporating it into my future Gossmere tattoo)

10 Likes

Before Alice made it to Wonderland, she had to fall.

4 Likes

Chiming in late, but adding my quote.
“Have I gone mad?”
“Yes, you are, totally bonkers. But let me tell you a secret. All the best people are.”

8 Likes

A personal favorite as well!

5 Likes