Not sure if this is the right place. A little help?

Thank you for helping them, Jonah!

9 Likes

Itā€™s good to hear that sheā€™s holding up after everything thatā€™s happened. Itā€™s great of you to go help her out like that, hopefully speaking with Sacha will help her in some way.

9 Likes

Thanks for helping. If nothing else, next of kin should be meaningful. Let us know how it goes so weā€™re not worriedā€¦ :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Drive safely, Jonah - I hope this goes well for all three of you.

8 Likes

Yup. But I think no more than any of us here. Youā€™re in good company.

16 Likes

It was pretty emotional, for both of them. Hell, me too.

I brought her into the common room where Sacha was, and they both started crying. Sacha couldnā€™t look at Mrs. Lachmann, and she just kept saying sorry. Then Mrs. Lachmann put her arms around her and said that she forgave her, and then it stopped. It was like a peace washed over Sacha. Mrs. Lachmann brought some pages from the book she was writing about Brandon and Sacha to read to her, and Sacha recognized the bookmark Mrs. Lachmann was using, this green leather bookmark. It turns out it was Brandonā€™s.

I told Mrs. Lachmann to just let someone know when she was ready for me to come and get her, and gave them some privacy. When I left, Mrs. Lachmann was holding Sachaā€™s hands and telling her that she still talks to Brandon, still feels him sometimes, watching over her from a world he imagined.

When sheā€™s ready, Iā€™ll take her home. She didnā€™t talk much on the way up. She seemed nervous. But seeing Sacha, them seeing each other, seemed to put them both at ease.

Iā€™m glad I did it. Regardless of the books and whatever happened between them, lots of patients could use this kind of human contact and care. Thanks for helping me make it happen for Sacha.

26 Likes

Oh Iā€™m so glad to hear that this was good for both of them. Hopefully this meeting will help to improve Sachaā€™s condition. Thank you for keeping us so well updated Jonah.

12 Likes

No one remembered the books but her. Alistairā€™s eyes drifted open.

28 Likes

@jdobner95

Iā€™m stoked that peace/fulfillment was found for Sacha and Mrs. Lachmann. How is Sacha fairing now? Any further improvements? (If youā€™re willing to share that is )

16 Likes