NN:R Meta - Weatherwatch and the Isles RP

Hey, there Watchers!

A couple of you posted over the weekend and requested a place to talk about what/where/how you want to explore in Neithernor: Reborn. You’ve all started exploring already and I’ve loved catching up to what you’ve been writing, but I totally understand wanting to discuss these things with each other before posting. NN:R is ultimately an improvised roleplaying experience (as many are), but it can be nice to be on the same page before moving on!

Since NN:R is an in-world roleplay, it felt weird for some of you to have a “Meta” topic in a section of the forum that was “In-world,” so after talking with leadership (and following the example of the wonderful @Tinker), we’ve got this thread to make sure everyone is on the same page! Below, you should be able to find the “setting” threads that we’ve made to define what our guild home looks like. I’ll also do a sweep of the forums in the next few days and find the threads and posts where people wrote about our affinities so you all have some more context for how we’ve thought about them in the past.

Important Threads and Posts:

(I’m sorry, I’ve got class atm, so I’ll add these in a bit)

To start off, I’ll talk about the glider bracelet that Remus has. In my own imagining, this bracelet was basically a training tool that younger (or at least less experienced) Watchers would use to help them travel around. It could serve as sort of the “training wheels” to Unanchored if you think of it as a way to levitate or fly. It could also be a sort of general magiqal conduit to help channel power similar to the orestones that @Tinker mentioned in the Flinterforge thread! Remus found one when he was just wandering the ship, but if they were supposed to be training tools, then it stands to reason that many of them would exist.

That’s basically all I’ve got so far, but I’m really interested in seeing what you all want to create! Meta-discussion, begin!

13 Likes

Thank you for creating this thread, @Remus!

Having just wrapped an excellent scene with @Belladonna and @Cirydae , I’m so pumped to see what folks start exploring next.

9 Likes

Yes it was so good and we’re kind of at a point where we can explore the Ascension more or land and develop the islands and I’m psyched!

So were there any cultural things we had ideas for that anyone would like to develop further?

7 Likes

Hey, @Belladonna, @Cirydae, and @Louisa, are you three wrapped up with your interaction on the top deck of the ship? It’s totally cool if you are, but I’m also up to jump in if you’d like! If you are done, though, make sure to signal that at the end of that last post (you could do something like [Interaction ends] or, if it continues else where [Continues here] and add a hyperlink to “here”).

5 Likes

I don’t think we were thinking we were officially done but it seemed to fizzle out just with time so I had edited it to seem to end but totally didn’t know about the brackets sorry! But it’d be great if you want to join! I edited it back to what I originally meant to end on so please feel free to jump in!

7 Likes

I wrote myself out of the scene since I was gone all weekend, but I’d love to jump back in! I just haven’t had a moment to write up a post.

6 Likes

I’m down to continue, just managed to get a big case of the lazy. ^.^ I hadn’t thought it was done but idk

5 Likes

Hey are we looking at closing down the scene soon? I shot a short reply over there, figured we’re drawing to a natural close as we hit the isles.

6 Likes

That sounds like a good idea. I’m sorry that I haven’t responded, I’ve just been a bit overwhelmed with school and life. Thanks, Cirydae!

5 Likes

Woot, I finally got to post! @Louisa and @Belladonna, do you want to post one more time before we dock?

7 Likes

Yeah! Thank you for letting us know, @Remus!

7 Likes

I’ll put in a little something tomorrow morning about finding something to tie up the boat, and we can get on that island! :smiley:

6 Likes

Feel free to end without me–running a bit empty on words today OTL

7 Likes

I do believe we’re parked and ready to explore wherever the Further Fire draws us! :smiley:

5 Likes

Awesome! Does anyone in particular want to start in the next place?

4 Likes