New DG Post: Paranoia & Cupcakes

Originally published at: New DG Post: Paranoia & Cupcakes | Basecamp 33
DG just updated her blog and she mentions seeing a man in the east village that she thought was also following her back in the UK. She thought she was seeing things, but… is this KingRabbit717?

If it is, he’s really following her around the city and he’s been following her since (I just checked her archive) at least June 3rd, a month before Sullivan died! Almost two months before any of us knew she existed!

You guys know where I stand on the “no contact with DG” embargo Ascender put on us. Now given this and the fact that Ascender’s been AWOL for two weeks I’m inclined to say screw it and try to reach out to her. She could be in actual physical danger.

http://www.deedsdone.co.uk/2016/08/25/paranoia-cupcakes/

–Eaves

2 Likes

I’ve been all for that for awhile now. How would you like to proceed?

Also, take note of the comment from The Last of the Travelers:

From the third, a mouse with girlish hair
as her mournful tears clad hallowed air

3 Likes

Well, I don’t want to rock that boat right now. I don’t want to have to deal with Ascender when he resurfaces because even though the post he wrote about not contacting Deirdre seemed to be addressed to everyone, we’re sure it was DEFINITELY addressed to the four Mountaineers. If one of the recruits went off reservation because they assumed it didn’t pertain to them, well, what could I have done to stop (you) them?

2 Likes

Seriously though, there’s gotta be a way to do it, if someone did contact her, to somehow warn her without blowing her mind with everything non-Rabbit that’s going on. Truth is, Ascender knows first hand what happened to Sullivan and he thinks it’s directly related to the poor guy learning about the lie and the Lost Collection.

2 Likes

She mentions the idea of making friends so hopefully such friends could help keep her safe without jeapordizing the mountaineers.

As for the Last Traveler’s comment, that is his second comment in as many posts. We were concerned the first was just spam but now that she’s left another I’m convinced it’s important. I also believe she is not King Rabbit which means there are more people in play than were aware. Whether they’re trying to help us or hinder us is a mystery.

2 Likes

I’m happy to take point on contacting her though I will say I was more confident in doing so last week when it was going to be a gentle hello from friends. Now that it’s more dire, I’m not exactly sure how to proceed. I’ll start with something innocuous just to see if I can get a response. Doesn’t seem like she’s ever responded to Traveler, so who knows if she’ll respond to me.

2 Likes

Also, DG has posted a new pic on Instagram and Traveler has commented.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJiFI-8jfa1/

deedsgreen:
Love all the hidden things you can find down here, like this little seahorse
above a bar called The Monster. Who put him up there? (The sun was so
bright I couldn’t see the screen but I think the pic turned out kind of
interesting.)

thelastofthetravelers: A brave sourl released from jewelled eyes
bereft of home, his light soars free.”

Sourl?

2 Likes

Just posted to her blog:

Hi Deirdre-
Stumbled across your blog and have been enjoying it. Keep posting!
And the book you’re reading sounds interesting but I can’t find it
on-line. Is it still in print?
Thanks from the void!
-jo

And it says “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

Is that normal? Do all blogs do that when you post? (I very rarely try to make contact with the outside world.)

2 Likes

@Johanna, nice find on IG and perfect post. I don’t see your comment on her blog, though. Did it say it posted or that it was being sent for moderation? I don’t think she moderates because the Traveler comments seem to pass right through.

2 Likes

Exactly, @Eaves. Says waiting for moderation and I don’t think she’s ever going to see my comment. I don’t know how or why (magic, I guess?) the stoopid interwebs can block me like that and I don’t know how to proceed.

I looked around on Yelp to see if there were any new reviews for The Gray Dog- the coffee shop she mentions. But I didn’t see any one that could be her. Was just hoping for an alternate way to reach her.

We could always call around but I have a feeling that would be futile.

2 Likes

FYI - The Last of the Travelers is now following KingRabbit on Instagram. :worried:

NEVERMIND! I got over excited. I switched between DG’s and KR’s insta page. I don’t think he knows about rabbit. Geesh. Stress!

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/thelastofthetravelers/

2 Likes