New DG Post: Bags, Grey Dogs, and Limbo

Originally published at: New DG Post: Bags, Grey Dogs, and Limbo | Basecamp 33
DG has just posted to her blog: She’s in the middle of reading Through The Night, and wondering what she’s still doing in NYC.

http://www.deedsdone.co.uk/2016/08/18/bags-grey-dogs-and-limbo/

Hop over to the brand-spanking new forum to discuss!

4 Likes

is that a spam comment or not?

3 Likes

The guy who wrote Through The Night has a pretty crazy story. Prolific writer, got into a publicized issue regarding a Holocaust denier, and he eventually committed suicide. That’s pretty dark, even for a Norwegian.

3 Likes

Interesting find, @rickliebling. Deirdre mentioned the book she’s reading was originally published in 1960, whereas the Saeterbakken book you found was published in 1966. But they share similar themes. I wonder if the '66 book was a reprint of the 1960 Ackerly Green book? Perhaps the rights were bought when AG closed.

4 Likes

That comment on her blog post is odd. I would say it’s spam but I don’t want to dismiss it out of hand on the off chance it could be important.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I agree Mike - don’t think we can rule anything out.

2 Likes

I don’t know where this image was taken from, but I can see number 33 on girl’s bag. Probably we can get more from it in photoshop, I tried to play with curves in http://pixlr.com/editor/ but not an expert in image editing so no luck so far.

3 Likes

Ill play with it in Photoshop and see if I can get anything out of it.

KingRabbit717, where did you get this image? I’ve noticed that you’ve posted it in a few of the threads here on the forum, but have made no other posts. Just curious where it came from and how you think it might be relevant to the BoB.

3 Likes

I dumped the image in photoshop and wasn’t able to reveal anything other that what you had said Piki, that the number 33 is on her bag. This leads me to a couple of thoughts, all of them troubling.

I’d like to hear back from KingRabbit717 before speculating about anything. What he has to say may give us some insight on how to approach this picture.

3 Likes

I took that photo of her myself.

3 Likes

oh, okay. Got it. Do you know if the bag she had is a popular brand? Just curious because I know that every time I see a 33 I’m going to start looking for clues and secret messages. It’s going to make football season very interesting, that’s for sure!

3 Likes

The original photo of Deirdre didn’t have the 33.

3 Likes

Wait…that’s a photo of Deirdre?

4 Likes

It is. I’m creating a new collection.

3 Likes