New CRSumner post and Book update

CRSumner has posted to us on his blog. The vast majority of it we suspected. Deidre knows everything now. Deidre went to Ireland. She knows about us, what we’ve done so far, etc. Still no idea what she thinks of all this.

Cole is going to hang back from the forum but he’s around if we need him.

In other news the Book of Briars has reset to it’s default state. General speaking this is probably a good sign that it’s getting ready to release the 9th Fragment.

Maybe someone should check in and see if they can talk to Deidre? Anyone feeling like they could be a good representative like to volunteer?

8 Likes

Thanks for the update! The link doesn’t work, however ;p

3 Likes

Thanks, is that better? The hazards of my place of employment blocking tumblr is I can’t verify this for myself.

4 Likes

It is indeed.

3 Likes

I’d be happy to try to leave her a message, but have absolutely no idea what to say to her. “Sorry everything you ever believed about life has been completely turned inside out. So, how’s the weather in Bunratty?”

8 Likes

You probably won’t have to say much, just that if she has any questions that we’d be more than happy to answer them for her. And since we have a pretty sizable group of Mountaineers now (my how we’ve grown!) it might be a good idea to have one person act as our contact much the same way @Revenir did with Martin so as not to overwhelm her further. If you’re up for it @Leigha, I’d say go right ahead. And you never know, she may not reply. It may all be a bit too much for her, but I think if you just let her know that we understand how weird this must all seem but that we’re on her side and can be available as much or as little as she needs us to be.

8 Likes

No one ever said it’d be easy. :slight_smile:

I think if you come from a place of empathy and a willingness to listen it should be okay. She might like someone to talk to who would believe half the things she’s coming to terms with.

The absolute worst thing that could happen is she taps into latent magiq abilities and smites you with a meteor. So…there’s that.

Edit: @Mike said it better.

8 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement @Robert. Give me a bit to come up with something and I’ll post it on her blog. With a p.s. please don’t hit me with a meteor added on.

6 Likes

I’m getting the strong urge to start a discussion topic on how D would choose to smite people. Or how any of us would, really. These are important things to talk about!

But in all seriousness @Leigha, you should definitely let her know that we’re there for her, and would have been there for her the whole time had she not been in a magic bubble.

7 Likes

I think having a representative is a good idea. If she wants to be bombarded by recruits, she can always come here, you know? But something tells me it’s best to take this slowly.

One question though - Have you guys considered posting on her recent instagram photo rather than her blog? Reason I ask is she was most recently active on instagram, and it’s quite possible she’s avoiding her blog in light of everything.

6 Likes

That’s a good idea.

4 Likes

Do you have the link? I’m not even on instagram, I suppose I could set up an account. What do we think guys and gals, Instagram or blog?

6 Likes

http://instagram.com/deedsgreen

I’d say instagram. And yeah, I was in the same boat. I only created an instagram account to follow some of these people myself…that sounded less stalker-ish in my head.

8 Likes

Okay. Done. Retreats into the depths of cave to attempt to build a meteor-proof bunker

9 Likes

Everyone hold onto your pants, this could be getting real real quick!!

Ps. Thanks @Leigha for reaching out to Deirdre!! Much appreciated

9 Likes

I too reached out

Sorry Leigha, I didn’t see you had already done so!

2 Likes

Diedre is in the Netherlands

3 Likes

Holy cow. I wonder why?

4 Likes

I don’t know. But she obviously knows we’re following her instagram at this point. So on the positive side it’s not like she’s hiding from us.

4 Likes

I imagine to clear her head…
I really feel for her

3 Likes