Neithernor Reborn: Thornhouse

I think Ebbie has also talked about some of the Thorn lighthouse imagery, and Flint has talked about gardens that overlap with Bali. I feel like there’s lots of elements that kind of transcend guild, and especially with @Rimor’s idea of different sections reflecting different topics or areas of knowledge, any appearance can work as long as it fits with our interpretation and intentions!

16 Likes

Man now I’m just thinking of cute little bunnies made of dust hopping around the library. Thumping a heavy dusty old tome down on the table and hundreds of dust bunnies running out from between its pages

19 Likes

I do hope we have a grand hall for the times when we all wish to gather.

17 Likes

Speaking of grand halls…I felt this one had an air of Thornmouth to it, though we may need it to be larger (more table space or some side chairs or couches), and perhaps with shelves/end tables at the entryways so we can safely secure our current reads while being social…

15 Likes

Very nice. I’m sure that would be right at home in the castle.

12 Likes

I know we’re very much past this, but I just wanted to say that I love the ideas here: A castle, with the flame-tower, filled with books and maybe a bit ~strange~ inside. Definately fires - but perhaps they can be not-quite fire in nature, for safety purposes? And a few people posted interesting rocky nooks and wells. I like the idea of it sitting on a cliff face (to go along with the lighthouse look), why not have its underbelly work its way all the way down to the beach? You could have lots of places to look out, walk down, caverns and labratory options that aren’t locked into strictly the underground (as well as those that are, more inland). And i like the idea of treeroots ,metaphorically and literally, contrasting with castle and lights above!

11 Likes

I am unbelievably glad that my humble lighthouse idea has grown into such an awesome home campus for us Thornmaw.

9 Likes

It does seem to be the best representation of us available.

6 Likes