Movie Recommendation Thread!

Oh no I’ve found the worst post for me :joy::joy::joy: I have SO MANY movie recommendations in all different genres because I study film :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Though my top ones are:
LOTR & The Hobbit Trilogies (obviously)
Anything by Alfred Hitchcock
The “a man with no name” trilogy
The “Back to the future” trilogy
Jurassic Park

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some but I haven’t included the more pretentious & obvious choices like citizen Kane because i don’t hate you guys xx

11 Likes

grumbles about loving war movies but those are definitely not PG13

A movie I put on all the time is Tangled. I don’t know one day I wanted a movie on while I was cleaning, and that was the first thing on Netflix, and now it’s just my go to background movie? Probably because I love Mandy Moore if I’m being honest, but it’s also a good time!

If I want to watch a real cheesy generic action movie I watch Battleship purely for the scene where they take the Battleship on the water and blow all the things up with it. I also appreciate that inclusion of veterans in the filming, and a super awesome vet as one of the main characters! (This one is PG-13)

I love all of the Step Up movies and they make me want to go dance battle on the streets as soon as they’re over! Agh

11 Likes

My family and I LOVE the Tinkerbell films!

8 Likes

They’re so good!
I know this is the movie recommendation thread, but in the unlikely case you haven’t discovered the Pixie Hollow books yet, they are also A+ recommend.

6 Likes

OMG Yes!! Anything Disney is awesome! They have such good storytellers & honestly the animation is just beautiful :heart:

6 Likes

On The Basis Of Sex.

I was actively verbally willing the Notorious RBG to destroy all of the sexism all of the time. (Probably good that I didn’t get to see it in theaters, I know I was obnoxious :deirdrexd:)

So heckin’ good.

9 Likes

I saw that one with my mom and sisters in theaters!! There was definitely some obnoxious squealing throughout…

7 Likes

Evolution.

It’s closing in on 20 years old (:knatzspoopy:), but still good. PG13 for “sci fi action” and crude humor. I’ve seen it enough times that I can quote (what feels like) large sections of it as they come up. Definitely a good alien comedy.

6 Likes

Every now and then my brother will give out a “cacaw… cacaaaw.”
If I stare at him blankly he’ll follow up with a “tooki tooki”.
I am then compelled to complete that scene!

5 Likes

“I think we’ve established that ‘cacaw cacaw’ and ‘tookie tookie’ don’t work.”

6 Likes

Disney any/all - Beauty and the Beast is my favorite I’m positive my passion for books started during this movie

Lord of the Rings, the best book to film adaptation (that I can think of) and I’d happily lounge on my mattress that I pulled downstairs and watch the extended back-to-back (again)

A Knights Tale
The Last Samurai
Anonymous
And Baz Lurhmans Romeo and Juliet

10 Likes