Minecraft Poll!

Hey Mounties!
You may or may not know that I love Minecraft, and there’ve been talks here and there about starting an official Magiqverse Minecraft (Magiqraft? :grimacing:) server. So… I have a couple questions!

Do you play Minecraft?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you be interested in an official Mounties only Minecraft server hosted by Ackerly Green?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you play, or have interest in playing, what platform would you most likely be interested in playing on?

• Java (Desktop PC)
  • Bedrock (Desktop PC, Game Consoles, Mobile Devices)

0 voters

12 Likes

whispers ~I’m all about this~ We could build representations… :smiley:

3 Likes

Okay, so, do any of you Minecrafters have dedicated server hosting recommendations? Asking for a friend. :cjtea:

My “friend” is currently looking at Apex Hosting and Shockbyte. Would love other recommendations if you have them.

5 Likes

I’m not an expert by any means, but https://apexminecrafthosting.com/ gets recommended - great user service and easy to set up. I think for our purposes, that’s most important…?
If anyone’s a long-time Minecraft wizard, feel free to get in here. For me I’m a 2011 fan and I’ve been getting back into it lately - I love it, everything the game was, plus playing with others really makes the game shine (even for an introvert like me). There’s nothing like building something that someone will eventually see, even if you’re a bit of a loner. I think it’ll really make for some interesting maker-esque adventures. I think it fits in really well with today’s digital environment reflecting reality, or the magiqs in some way.

Even as far back as the 80’s, the digital somehow feels like a place magic somehow still is alive, just as it was dying completely. Its the way we use our minds with it, and how we inbue it with life. Even though the internet is just bits, it’s also electricity, our lifeblood, and also, whatever we make of it, and what’s more magical than that? Perhaps there is something to the rise of the internet, just as magiq seems on the verge of disappearing.

Ah, anyway, that’s my vote for server services! If we need some funding, count me in!

5 Likes

That you for the suggestion, @Danweel!!

4 Likes

Okay. So we have a Java Minecraft server ready to go (on Apex). I’m going to take the holiday to figure out some things because I’ve never run a game server before! I want to work on whitelisting and an easy way to onboard Mounties! If anyone has experience with running and/or maintaining a game server, particularly Minecraft, let me know!

Also, all Bedrock players, there weren’t a ton of votes for that platform, but if there’s interest in the future, I’d be happy to host a server.

8 Likes

I’m totally willing to learn/help out if you need extra hands. In a community like this, I’m sure you’ve got a lot you’re already juggling! I’m new so I’m not that full up yet - but I’d understand if it’s too new!

7 Likes

I can’t play Minecraft myself due to my terrible computer that doesn’t play games, but I can’t wait to see what sort of things you all build! I hope you’ll be able to take some footage or screenshots of some of the builds you make or any fun things you find so the rest of us can see them! That would be lovely :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

ive hosted a couple servers, but never anything large scale like this. dont think ill be of much use.

3 Likes

Do you mean the 10man ones? I have a friend that hosts one for a few friends. I’m not completely sure what the differences are. She’s mostly pleased that the 10man ones are easy to manage!

And yes! Screenshots can be taken, and I think it would make loads of sense to take building feature requests, too. The threads I saw on the new guild houses were really interesting!

6 Likes

I’m working on this on the server that friend opened. Now I’m just being weird about making catacombs. It’s built into a mountain. Doesn’t look like much on the outside!

8 Likes

Oh, that’s cute! I love how you’ve done the little chandeliers, that’s adorable! :blossom:

7 Likes

Couple things

1. Java players, if you don’t have a copy of bedrock, you can currently get a free one on PC.
  2. I would recommend reaching out to some of the higher profile YouTube content creators for advice, as they often host or play on servers and have lots of experience.
4 Likes

So wait, is the server Java or Bedrock? I thought CJ’s post was for Java, but I’m seeing advice/screens from Bedrock?

4 Likes

My knowledge of minecraft is limited, but I love gaming and I know folks that play it. The prospect of making cool Magiqverse things in minecraft and hanging with mounties makes it enticing, I would definitely give it a more solid go for that :slight_smile:

7 Likes